Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob524

Need help and/or advice

Guest Bob524

I have been trying to fly the second tutorial flight, KBNA-KMEM.I've tried it with ActiveSky on in both "online mode" and "offline mode," and not turned on all. No difference. I flew the KDSM-KORD tutorial flight with no problems.Symptoms are: Transmissions from ATC are either missing or partially missing. Sometimes I can figure out what was said by the little bit I heard. Often times after being turned over to Departure, for example, the controller does not answer my call when I check in. Finally, the simulation goes into "Pause" and it is impossible to get out of pause. I get a message that RC is not responding, which seems obvious.I'm running RC3.1 in FS2002 Professonal version. I've got an Intel IV 2.4 processor and 1000 MHz of memory.Is this a FS2002/RC3.1 compatability problem or could there be another explanation.I've tried this flight several times using a clean boot and just about everything possible turned off, i.e., after running End-It-All.Bob

Guest Bob524

jd...I have 1135 in 2 through 9, 151 in 10, 1 in 12, and I don't have a 13.The problem has been partially solved: pilot error. The comms now seem okay except my call sign is wrong. Minor point.Problem remaining: The flight is still going into "pause" without being asked to,and once there, it's there to stay. Only way to get out of pause is to stop RC and then restart, but then RC thinks your still on the ramp at the very beginning of the flight. Not good when you've just passed GHM.Bob

your occurences of silence is due to not having the right number of wavs in 10, 11, 12. what happened to them? you may need to reinstall to get those numbers correct.you didn't say what version of flight simulator, fsuipc, or whay plane you are usingwhere does the flight go into "pause". when you say "pause", do the menu's still work, can you go from page 1 to page 2 to page 3? do you hear pilot voices, just no controllers?first thing is to get your wav count correct, then we'll figure out what is going on over GHMjd

Guest Bob524

>your occurences of silence is due to not having the right>number of wavs in 10, 11, 12. what happened to them? you>may need to reinstall to get those numbers correct.>>you didn't say what version of flight simulator, fsuipc, or>whay plane you are using>fs2002, fsuipc 3.135, and the standard fs2002 B-737>where does the flight go into "pause". when you say "pause",>do the menu's still work, can you go from page 1 to page 2 to>page 3? do you hear pilot voices, just no controllers?Usually before I get to GHM. I just tried this flight again and went into pause just as I was turned over to center freq. When in "pause" nothing works; you can't do anything. It is at this point that RC has stopped responding, according to the message I get when shut RC down.>>first thing is to get your wav count correct, then we'll>figure out what is going on over GHMWhere can I download the wavs?Bob>>jd

fsuipc 3.212 is the current versionyou don't happen to have "pause at distance" checked on the options page of rc?for now, get the latest fsuipc version, a link is pinned at the top of the forumif you don't have the right number of wavs in 10, 11, 12 - i think your best bet is to reinstall rc, and pick them up that way. i don't think scott has those "sets" on his websiteyou might also want to just download the 3.1 beta build of rc, and the 3 wav packages. instructions for that are also pinned at the top of the forumjd

Guest Scott Campbell

I have 11 and 12 on my site, but not 10. I can put it up though.

Guest Bob524

>fsuipc 3.212 is the current versionI downloaded 3.212 and will install it as soon as I get done here. >o>you don't happen to have "pause at distance" checked on the>options page of rc?No. In fact the one successful flight I did have, KDSM-KORD, it was checked, as yuou know, so I tried checking it with a very short distance from the destination to see if that would help. It did not. >>for now, get the latest fsuipc version, a link is pinned at>the top of the forumGot it.>>if you don't have the right number of wavs in 10, 11, 12 ->i think your best bet is to reinstall rc, and pick them up>that way. i don't think scott has those "sets" on his websiteThe wav files I have are from Scott's website. The ones at the top of the forum, if I'm, looking in the right place, are also Scott's, but you go through AVSIM to get them>>you might also want to just download the 3.1 beta build of rc,>and the 3 wav packages. instructions for that are also pinned>at the top of the forumI have been using 3.1, but I downloaded the version at the top of the forum, and I will install it in case my copy is contaminated. I could reinstall 3.0 from the CD, but hasn't there been wav files added since the CD was issued?And finally, I tried the flight once again, making sure that I was not online and subject to popup interference. I have a pop blocker, but it not 100% effective.The flight terminated the same place as the last one, right when I was turned over to center. At that point I tried doing other things: changing autopilot settings, etc., and I could do anything I wanted except get out of pause.Bob >>jdPaddy

you do not want that checkbox, checked. if it is checked, uncheck it.does FS say PAUSED? you can always press "P" to unpause fsjd

Guest Bob524

>you do not want that checkbox, checked. if it is checked,uncheck it.>Makes no difference; I've tried it unchecked (most of the time), but I also tried it checked once, using a short distance from destination, just to see what would happen >does FS say PAUSED? you can always press "P" to unpause fsYes, FS says "paused," and I can hit the "P" button all day and nothing happens. I know it's supposed to unpause, but it doesn't.Bob>>jd

if fs is saying pause, and p doesn't work, i don't think it is me. do you have p as one of your rc keys? have you changed the pause key in fs200x to do something else? what is the fs200x pause key set for?uncheck the pause at distance checkbox, and don't check it. restart rc when you're done that.

Guest Bob524

>if fs is saying pause, and p doesn't work, i don't think it>is me. do you have p as one of your rc keys? have you changed>the pause key in fs200x to do something else? what is the>fs200x pause key set for?>>uncheck the pause at distance checkbox, and don't check it.>restart rc when you're done that.Have done this, repeatedly.Tried flight once more, with firewall protection. Went into Pause at exactly the same point as last two flight: when pushing "1" to contact the center.I will try reloading RC3.1 and see if that helps.I now have 151 files in folder 10, 1134 in 11 and 12, 1135 in 2,3,4,6,7,8,9 and 1136 in 5. Have I got them all now?Bob>

not until you have 1130 something in 10if you have pause at distance unchecked, there is nothing in rc that can pause fswithout rc running, can you pause/unpause flight simulator by press P?jd

Guest Bob524

>not until you have 1130 something in 10I,ll try once more to get the right 10 folder.>>if you have pause at distance unchecked, there is nothing in>rc that can pause fs>>without rc running, can you pause/unpause flight simulator by>press P?Yes. I think I found the problem. In the FS Options/Settings/General screen there is, among some others, "pause on task" option. This is checked on by default. I unchecked it and was able to get through the handoff to the Center. I went as far as the hold procedure, but by then it was past my bedtime so I aborted the flight. Will try it again today and see if I can go all the way to KMEM and then KLIT.Thanks for all your help and patience.Bob>>jd

i have pause on task switch set myself, but P pauses and unpauses flight simulator normally.