Sign in to follow this  
Guest lou ross

Holding Delays

Guest lou ross

Haven't used the holding delays much because something doesn't work correctly. Using MSFS2002 and when opening RC the green intro screen says Version 3.0.1739. I filed KFWA - OXI vor - KORD in the default KingAir at 6,000msl.About 8 or 10 nm from OXI, RC says something very brief about "delays" and then "proceed direct to OXI. Fly 290 degrees until able direct." Nothing else. I get to OXI and enter a standard holding pattern until I declare min fuel. Am I missing an update or patch? thanks, lr.

do you have the same number of wavs in winwood2, 3, 4, ... ,13?how far is oxi from kord?are you missing your crossing restriction?jd

Guest Bob524

>Haven't used the holding delays much because something>doesn't work correctly. Using MSFS2002 and when opening RC>the green intro screen says Version 3.0.1739.> I filed KFWA - OXI vor - KORD in the default KingAir at>6,000msl.>About 8 or 10 nm from OXI, RC says something very brief about>"delays" and then "proceed direct to OXI. Fly 290 degrees>until able direct." Nothing else. I get to OXI and enter a>standard holding pattern until I declare min fuel. Am I>missing an update or patch? thanks, lr.Don't know the answer to your problem, however, it seems something is missing. When told to expect a delay you should get a message asking what you prefer: holding pattern or holding vectors.If you chose holding pattern, you should at some point receive holding instructions: where to hold, what radial to hold on, leg length, whether standsard right hand turns (if this is missing, right turns are assumed) etc. Apparently you're told to hold at OXI, but the rest of the instructions seem to be missing.Bob

Guest lou ross

Thanks for your replies: JD: winwood files 2-12 all have a lot of files- I didn't count the number, but I do not have file No. 13. there are no crossing restrictions. OXI to KORD is 70nm.Bob: I get no options nor holding instructions.Is missing winwood No. 13 the problem?thanks, lr.

it's ok not to have 13if you right mouse click each directory (2, 3, 4, etc), the properties box will tell you how many files are in each directory. i just want to make sure you have the same number, in eachtry putting a checkpoint very close to kord (surely there is something near by :-) ), and try againjd

Guest Bob524

>Thanks for your replies:> JD: winwood files 2-12 all have a lot of files- I didn't>count the number, but I do not have file No. 13.> there are no crossing restrictions.> OXI to KORD is 70nm.>Bob: I get no options nor holding instructions.>>Is missing winwood No. 13 the problem?>thanks, lr.louYou don't have to count them yourself. Use windows explorer to find the files in the winwood directory. right click on each wav directory 2 thru 12, and then click on properties. It will tell you how many files in that directory.Bob

Guest lou ross

Okay, thanks- directories 2-12 each contain 1,134 files, no folders. I will do a flight later with a VOR within 40 nm. lr.

Guest lou ross

Filed flight KORD-BAE-OSH-KATW; RC HOLD set to 100% (OSH is about 16nm south of KATW). Northwest of KMKE got this from RC: "They've cut us off. Cleared direct to OSH, fly 345* until able direct." About 40 or 45nm south of OSH, "Fly heading 075*.... fly 165*.... fly 255*.... fly 345*." Then, "Fly 075*. About 2 minutes later, "They've opened up, cleared direct OSH." At that point on to KATW.But no holding clearances. louross.

if the rc copilot is flying the plane, you don't get the option for holding pattern or delay vectors. you just get delay vectors.if you want the choice, take control of the plane about 77 miles from the arrival airport, and you will get the choice. choose holding patter, and get the clearancejd

Guest lou ross

I've never used the RC copilot. I use the auto pilot with various aircraft. Do I need to disengage the auto pilot? lr.

no, you can use the autopilot, that isn't a problemcheck out page 124 of the rcv3.doc file. it walks you through a hold. i'm guessing, that you are not choosing whether you want holding pattern or delay vectors.the dialog is more likely, approach is closed the door, do you want holding pattern or delay vectors. you should have the choice to make in the advdisp window. choose holding patterni think, i programmed it so that if you didn't answer the question, by choosing something, it would ask you again, and if no response then, it defaults to delay vectors.are you choosing holding pattern, when it is offered?jd

Guest lou ross

I don't remember ever getting a choice. The explanation in my response before this one is what I get from RC. I'll try again, but it will be several days I suspect. lr.

Guest lou ross

okay, second try for this thread: KDTW-KEWR, same prolem as stated. about 30nm west of SAX VOR, controller says we're cutoff, fly direct SAX and desend to 10,000msl, heading is 150*. The controller then gives me headings to fly a square pattern. From the time he gives me the initial clearance to go direct SAX until I start appraoch vectors is about 17 minutes. There are no holding instructions nor clearances. Any suggestions? louross.

are you choosing holding instructions or delay vectors? are you flying or the rc copilot?if you are flying, you have to choose, from the menu, if you want holding instructions of delay vectors. if you choose delay vectors, rc controllers will give you vectors for nice rectangles. if you choose holding pattern, he will give you a heading to fly, a reciprocal, and a leg length, and you need to fly the pattern without any helpif you don't fly it right, you will not get credit for any legs.sounds like you are getting delay vectors. stay with it. you may have to make 3 circuits. when rc thinks you've had enough, he will clear you in, and the flight will go as usualjd

Guest lou ross

I have never used the RC copilot; I selected holding; have never received holding instructions. LAUNCH RC: version 3.0.1739. OPTIONS: Traffic V's; Chatter; Holding. What is the cause of the problem? Is a file missing from the install? The first install on another machine, Win 98- same problem; second install on that machine- same problem; third install was on this machine, Win XP- same problem. ??? lr.