Sign in to follow this  
Guest lou ross

Holding Delays

send me the .pln file, i'll fly it. holding instructions are given right after (within 5 miles) you choose holding instead of vectors.jd

Guest RickT

You could try upgrading to RCv3.1 (beta). The version you are running is the original RCv3.0 from the CD.Have a look at our FAQ (question 1) for details http://www.jdtllc.com/faqs.htm

Guest lou ross

I'm running FS2002 PRO and FSUIPC 2.97x- I thought that RCv3.1 was only for FS2004 and FSUIPC 3.x. ?? I did send the PLN to JD, but I'm thinking I'm missing a file, ie. where or when do I get a "choice" of vectors or holding during the flight? lr.

Guest RickT

RCv3.1 and FSUIPC 3 will work with FS98, FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004. Please give JD some time to look at your flight plan before you upgrade. The choice of vectors or holding will usually follow the controller telling you to expect a delay.

don't even have to fly it. sax is 27 miles from kewr, which makes this a "new crossing restriction" approach. you will never get holding instructions for a "new crossing restriction" approach. only vectors.is this what happens to you? center tells you approach has closed the door and to expect delay vectors. no choices here. he tells you to fly direct to sax.about 40 miles from sax, center starts a vector to the left or right, then an outbound leg, then an opposite turn to the right or left, and an inbound leg. you may get up to 3 circuits. if you don't fly the circuits correctly, you don't get credit for them, and you may never get cleared in.go ahead and upgrade to 3.1, like rick suggested. instructions are pinned at the top of the forum. rick can answer any upgrade questions.upgrade, and see if the problem still exists. if it does, send me an email, and i will fly it.jd

Guest lou ross

Okay, you are correct about everything there. I was under the impression that the last VOR had to be within 40nm of the field. Now, there is another dilema. To upgrade to RCv3.1, I need to instal fsuipc 3.xx. Am running RC,FDC,ActSky, PIC767 and waiting for RFP742 (with FS2002)to arrive. I'd need to research these programs to see if fsuipc 3.x is compatible with them, which it probably is. I'd probably have to buy it. However, I did instal v3 once before and I don't know why, but it really messed up my system, so I'm pretty leary about it. But, shouldn't my version of RC work anyway? Does the final VOR need to be closer to the field?Thanks again, lr.

if the final vor is within 5 miles of the field, you will get options to flying holding patterns or vectors.not sure about those other programs, but you can install fsuipc 3.x (the freeware version), and use rc with it. i license it from pete, so i pay pete, not you. those other programs may or may not have similar arrangementsjd

Guest lou ross

Thanks a lot for all your help. lr.

Guest lou ross

Thanks, again, Jim. lr.