Sign in to follow this  
Guest mcd211255

Request for version 4

Guest mcd211255

Hi,I am using the PMDG 737NG far more than any other aircraft and having my backside kicked by Bill Stevens from FSDO for busting my altitude when the NG's TCAS told me to descend to avoid a collision in the London Heathrow area. Is it possible in version 4 to have a command to inform Centre of a TCAS resolution and subsequently a climb or descend without the usual ' I'm going to tell FSDO on you '.Thanks for a great application. I dont think I could fly without it.Mike DouglasCapt. British Airways Virtual

i think i have this problem solved, but from a different angle. if you get a tcas warning, then my conflict detect/resolution routines have failed.i know a number of beta testers are using that plane, and no one has said anything about this, so i'm assuming the tcas warnings are non existant. but i will ask specifically and get some feedbackjd

Guest mcd211255

Thanks for the reply jd. I use all the AI stuff from Project AI and this was definately not one of those invisible planes that RC vector you around. When the TRAFFIC warning came up on the ND the plane was 1.2nm on my starbord side. Then a conflict warning, when the conflicting aircraft was 500 ft directly above my position. It was a BMI A320 on approach to Heathrow. This plane was a real AI plane. I was advised to descend and the PFD altitude and speed tape appeared with red bars on it (Obviously the way it happens on the NG). I then received a kick up the backside.I wish I had taken a shot of it. I did see the plane in SPOT mode...it was close.MikeCaptain British Airways Virtual BAW688