Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

RC v2.2 won't install

I know this version is old, and honestly I havent even busted it out in a long time, but I thought I would give it a try again. My problem is that it gets about 60-70% done and then my cd-rom drive acts like it keeps searching for something. I can hear the drive working like crazy, but no files are getting copied to the hard drive. I know that it isn't my drive because I install stuff frequently from disc, and this is the only one it happens with.It seems it hangs on the ATC files, I remember one of the directories being named fleetwood or something similar. If I take the disc out and put it back in, I get the same problem. If I cancel the whole process and start over everything goes fine until I get to those ATC files again.Any ideas? The read side of the disc is pretty much flawless, one little scratch near the outer edge of the disc. I thought it could be the cause, but I have had discs way worse than this that installed okay. Any help is appreciated.Craig

i vaguely remember 2.2do you have the choice, whether to install the atc chatter files?i honestly don't remember how the install worked on that version.jd

Thanks for the tip, I got it to install!There is an option for a custom installation, which I had used before, but never thought of unchecking some of the chatter (they are listed down towards the bottom underneath the FS2000 and FS98 checkboxes). I unchecked all of the chatter except for the USA, and the installation completed. I have submitted the registration info, so all seems well at this point. Thanks again!Craig

Guest RickT

Please submit your key request again. We have received no V2 key requests recently. Did you send it to register@jdtllc.com ?

Yes, that is the address that was listed on the inside of the CD case. I will submit it again, thanks for the heads up.Craig

Guest Scott Campbell

Craig,Not that I'm trying to push a sale of the new versaion, but v2.2 is so out-of-date that it doesn't even represent RC anymore. Why do you want to use that version and not the newest one?Just curious (really).

I just wanted to give it a go since I hadn't used it in quite some time. I already asked through email last night about the cost of upgrading. Thanks.Craig