Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

AI Traffic and FS9

I am reading all the nice things being said about RadarContact4 and can't wait to get it. Any idea when it will be ready? Last night I was flying from KJFK to EGLL in Opensky's fantastic 747-400 and joined by at least 30 jumbos (I added my own AI using PAI and MRAI) as I approached the Irish coast. FS9 ATC gave me, as usual, a very late descent into Heathrow and as I was on finals I got overtaken by at least 5 of the aircraft which were behind me en route over the Atlantic! None of them cleared to land and they all got down before me and would have crashed into each other if it had been real life.I am really hoping that RC4 will be able to sort this sort of thing out and put AI planes into a holding pattern before they start their final descent (if needed)Getting so fed up with ATC in FS9 but don't want to invest in RC3 if it is soon going to be replaced; or if it cannopt handlke this type of situattion. Looking forward to version 4.

i just sent the beta testers a build, to slow the fast moving planes behind you, down, and get the slow moving planes in front of you, out of the way.we'll see how it worksjd

That's good news. I find ATC one of the most frustrating parts of the simulator; along with the fact that when you finally get a good landing with ATC they send you to park in the cargo areas!Any idea how long it's going to be before publication? I'd love to be a BETA tester but I imagine you already have too many offers.Don't mind how you get rid of the other planes as long as they act a bit more realistically.

Will RC4 call for your airspeed adjustments (prior to the OM, of course) such as for expediting your final, etc. to help in keeping approach and final seperation? This would depend on aircraft class type, of course, perhaps as defined in the control panel.For situational awareness, I highly recommend a proper TCAS gauge to the original poster for busy airports with string-of-pearls situations. It helps me with version 3.1 and probably also will be of assistance in 4.0.