Sign in to follow this  
nooon

RC31 : First flights & impressions

Reiceved my first copy of RC31 one week ago, made few flights with it and I find it really outstanding !Two things are just annoying : 1/ The fact it can't manage AI trafic2/ The fact Ground can't assign taxiways (at least on airports I tested).I've read there and there that RCV4 will correct point 1, see that few RCV4 betatesters have no problems using it with Ultimate Traffic for example.....So I WANT to be a RCV4 beta tester !!!!!!!!!!!!!Please !!!!!!!!!!

there are lot's of people who want to be a beta tester. but here is a very important qualification. you have to know rc v3 inside and out. you have to know when stuff occurs, why it occurs, and what will happen next. why is this important? there are two things i need to know. is the new stuff i'm working on, working? did i break anything by putting something new in. if you don't know what rc does instinctively, then you'll never know if i broke something.trust me, the beta testers i have are the greatest development tool anyone could ask for. when we're done, you'll just say wow.until then, learn v3.1 know what it is going to do in every situation. be able to predict what rc is going to do, before rc does it. then you'll be ready for v4.jd

>until then, learn v3.1 :) I understand. BTW, do you have links to people' homepages where I can download "regional" wav files for RC ?I found some french voices somewhere (http://djsebx.free.fr/fr/pages/radarcv3.htm) but was wondering if there is an index or links repository somewhere... Thanks and...keep on coding.>you'll just say wowToo late, i said it for 3.1 ;)

Guest Scott Campbell

If we know of any additional chatter for RC, and we have the permission to use it, it'll be on my RC page (link below). We get new controller and pilot sets periodically as well, and they are also on that page. There won't be a lot of additional V3 sets, but there will be changes for V4.Also, we just have no clue what the taxiways are. There's no way to get that info unless MS releases an ATC SDK, which they won't for obvious reasons.

Affirmative Scott,The chatter files I prepared for RC 3.1 and I got permission are the same uploaded to your Flight Deck website, at RC page.Finding interesting other ATC chatter files is much easier than getting permission to share them online for other RC users. People i got contact with are afraid about the fact it's a payware product. :(

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Guest Scott Campbell

Sebastien,That's usually the case, and why we're so strict on permissions.