Sign in to follow this  
Guest Persephone

Saved flight problem

Guest Persephone

Whenever I try and load a saved flight, it starts loading. But then it stops and reads, "having trouble finding (file name)." Any idea what's going wrong?Persephone

be sure the .dat, .flt and .wx all exist in the correct directories, and they all have the same file name (excluding the extension)jd

Guest Persephone

I didn't change the names or locations of any of the files. It's just the defaults. Where should they be? And does it make a difference that I have both FS9 and FS2002 installed? I'm trying to load a flight for FS2002. I even tried putting a copy of the .flt and .wx files in the "flight simulator files" directory where FS9 saved flights are stored. That didn't work. It's the .flt file it can't seem to find. Is there a way to tell RC where the files are?>be sure the .dat, .flt and .wx all exist in the correct>directories, and they all have the same file name (excluding>the extension)>>jd

Guest Scott Campbell

FS9 saves in "Documents and Settings(user name)My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files" (or equivalent for your language)FS2002 saves in "FS2002flightsmyflts"RC reads from where FS saves.Plus, remember that if you save a flight in FS9 you CAN'T use it in FS2002 and vice versa. They're different files. The weather (.wx) files aren't even the same format.

Guest Persephone

Yes, and that's exactly where the files are located. And I'm not trying to load flights from different versions. Still, RC keeps saying that it's having trouble finding the .flt file. Any reason RC would get lost? I can see the file. RC can't.>FS9 saves in "Documents and Settings(user name)My>DocumentsFlight Simulator Files" (or equivalent for your>language)>>FS2002 saves in "FS2002flightsmyflts">>RC reads from where FS saves.>>Plus, remember that if you save a flight in FS9 you CAN'T use>it in FS2002 and vice versa. They're different files. The>weather (.wx) files aren't even the same format.>

zip up your .flt, .wx and .dat files and send them to me. tell me what version of fs they are for, and i'll try to load them here.jd

Guest Scott Campbell

I wasn't aware that RC even checked for the .flt file when loading a dat.

Guest Scott Campbell

I learn something new every day. ;-)