Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

Sorry, I can help it

Guest GabrielR

Hi, I got the CD Version of RC 3 some months ago... I installed and used it for a while, but I gave up on it because RC's unability to "see" the AI, both on the ground and on the air. (not RC's fault, but the development of new technology).Now that I purchased PMDG's737 with all those capabilities like holdings for example, and FMC integration, I am in need of a good ATC software that provides me with the option to use the full potential of this AC.Looking somewhere I read that there is a new version in preparation...so I have been waiting patiently to read on the subject but I dont see anything...So I decided to ask, I know it is work in progress, and no developer anounces dates of release, but I would like to know some of the planned features, and a projected time of release... let's say FALL or WINTER of some year ;-)I am sure It wont matter that even though I almost did not use RC3 and that the disk is sittin on a drawer I will be the first to invest in something that allows me to fly with AI around me.Please...Thanks.

i'll let the beta testers fill you in, i'm offline for a few days due to a death in my wife's familyjd

jd,I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your family..Best Regards,Craig Keating

Guest GabrielR

Jd, pront with a response as always... Sorry for the loss.Looking forward to hear from the beta testers, weather permiting.. ;-)

Hi there,As far as ai awareness is concerned version 4 will have a great deal of it :-)At the moment we are working on:Ensuring that once you are holding short of your departure runway RC is aware of the ai departing and landing and will issue clearances only when appropriate.In all phases of flight RC will detect potential conflicts (near misses) with ai and will issue instructions to them (and sometimes you) to try to avoid these. RC4 is able to take control of the ai so that they obey the instructions given.Producing appropriate separation between you and the ai once you are on final.The first two are now reasonably 'mature' features of v4. We have just really started on the third.All the best,John

Guest GabrielR

THANKS!That's enough for me. Counting with the expertise of the developers and the Beta team, I am sure this is going to be a success!

Guest GabrielR

Hi again!I know I said that was enough info for me... and it is. But let me just speculate (No response required here)If a version of RC is cappable of instructing AI in the air, that would mean that if anappropriate algorithm is constructed, the Go Arounds for the AIs will be gone forever! RC would be able to provide separation and speed control on Aprox and final! that conbined with some good AFCADs will get us the most realistic airport enviroment experience so far.Now, if AI responds to RC commands --> They would be able even to Hold???? As I said Im speculating here, so no acceptance or denial of my teories are required from the RC team.I can wait until the developmet and Beta test guys release more official info on this issues.Gabriel R

Guest Scott Campbell

Gabriel,Not all GA's will be eliminated since sometimes the AI will still be cleared for t/o by FS ATC. So the RC controller will see them sitting at the hold line and clear you, but when the AI goes onto the runway, he gets complained to and you get a GA. But it's not as often. Sometimes RC will "stop" the AI. So mostly the GA is eliminated, but not always.One really nice feature, as John said, is that RC knows how many AI are in front of you when you're waiting to take off, so it'll wait until they all take off before you get the clearance..John is a maths teacher, so it's his algorithms that have made all the AI-awareness possible. He and JD spent a lot of time on this, but they're both too humble to talk about it. ;-)

For a temporary solution, here are two suggestions:Upgrade to version 3.1 final build as indicated in the pinned topic at the forum head. It can see some AI enroute and will call targets to you, but can not control them. It will issue you a GA if an aircraft does not clear the runway in time or taxies onto it while you are on close final. These are available now. Be sure to get all the additional voice packs as indicated which contain new instructions. The zip files are not superhuge and I managed on a dial-up. Be sure to upgrade FSUIPC. RC will register itself.I use a TCAS to provide speed metering for seperation and always land with NOTAMS enabled. The one I use shows altitude, altitude trend status, and position on the EHSI. I use Reality-XP JL products which are stated to be compatible with PMDG. There is also a terrain clearance improvement in assigning approach altitudes.AI is run at 85% and before loading a flight I am ready to go so I do not get tied up in the take-off queue too badly. (KMSP).You've already got 3.0 installed, so why not install the 3.1 upgrade (there is no fee) until 4.0 is ready. That way you will have some improvement and many feel it is better than aspects of FS9 ATC.