Sign in to follow this  
batchelork

Taxi Clearance

When I contact ground to taxi to the runway I get the instructions and hit 'key 7' to acknowledge. But almost immeadiately I get an instruction to taxi into position and hold, when I have only just started to taxi. Is this a 'feature' or am I doing something wrong?

do you have pilot autoreply set on the options page? you may not have to hit 7.did you give the comms to the co-pilot, you wouldn't want to hit 7 then either?do you see in advdisp window the option to hit 1 - ack and call, 7, acknowledge, ? - repeat?jd

JDIn reply to ypur questions:-- Pilot auto reply is NOT set- I had the comms NOT the co-pilot- In the advdisp window BOTH options were there and I selected '7'.I have tried to get this problem to repeat, and on my third 'taxi to the runway and hold short' I got an immediate 'at the runway and holding short'.I don't know if this helps.RegardsKeith B.

two different controllers so i'm confused. when you first talk to ground, he tells you which runway to taxi to, and to hold short. an acknowledgement of that, leaves you ground frequency.you have to contact tower, for permission to inform him you are holding short, and tower tells you to taxi into position and hold. which then has to be acknowledged again.what airport are you departing from? does it happen at every airport, or just one?the sequence should be call ground, get taxi instructions, acknowledge. call tower, get runway instructions, and acknowledge. still on tower frequency, get clearance to take off, and acknowledge.you're only calling ground once, right?jd

Sorry for any confusion. I normally fly from EGBB, however I have had this problem occur at EGPH. The sequence is as follows: 1) Contact ATIS etc, 2) get clearance, 3) contact ground to taxi to runway - and then the pilot says at runway holding short before I have had a chance to taxi anywhere. I have used the '7 key' to respond to each call.Hope this is clearer.RegardsKeith B.

never seen it work that way. are you at the gate when you contact ground, or are you on the runway contacting ground. let me fly out of one of these airports, and see what happensyou don't happen to have the "7" key defined as the menu option key "1" as well. look under options, keyboardjd