Sign in to follow this  
Guest whizzbang

FSUIPC 3.22 problems with FS2K

Guest whizzbang

Hi allUsing:Windows 2000 fully patchedFS2000 fully patchedRadar Contact 3.1FSUIPC 3.22ADVDisplay 2.1.2.3Problem:I load up a flightplan, start flying, then on receiving DESCENT instructions from a Center Controller, I dial in the new (lower) altitude.The FS autopilot then changes the descent rate to PLUS 1800 fpm instead of MINUS 1800 fpm!!!!!!!!If I remove FSUIPC.DLL from the MODULES folder in FS2000, and restart FS2K, I can descend fine...except of course I then can't use RC :-(Does anyone have any idea what's going on?Many thanks in advancePeter Salvage

Guest Scott Campbell

Peter,This is one of the many, many, many problems of FS2K.The only things you can do is:1) Edit the aircraft.cfg file and make sure in the autopilot section you set default_vertical_speed=0or2) Purchase the full version of FSUIPC (which I always recommend for all its features) and make sure you have "Enable V/S sign correction" checked. It was because of FS2K that he added this feature.There are a lot of features in the latest version of FSUPC that fix a load of things in all versions of FS.I also highly recommend you consider getting FS9. It is such leaps and bounds above FS2K that it's well worth it. Not just its own features and weather, but the number and quality of add-ons and available scenery and aircraft and whatnot also makes it worthwhile.