Sign in to follow this  
Guest speight

RC in FS9?

Guest speight

If I buy RC, will it run in FS9, or would it be better for me to wait untill you have finished development in that area??

Guest RickT

Radar Contact will work with FS9. Once you receive your CD you will have to download the RCv3.1 update (see our FAQ for details http://www.jdtllc.com/faqs.htm )for FS9 functionality.

Guest speight

Thankyou for the quick reply.I wonder, also, if RC would interfere with Traffic 2004 and it,s voice sets??

Guest speight

I also have a paid for + registered version of FSUIPC and wonder if that will be ok. Or do I need to install the latest version and probably lose all my settings(and need to pay again)????

Guest Scott Campbell

Howard,You always want the latest version of FSUIPC. You don't lose anything. All your settings are in FSUIPC.ini, not the program. Once you've paid and registered, you're done. If you need to re-register the program just pull up your register e-mail and re-enter the info.I don't know about Traffic 2004, but I don't see why RC would cause any issue with it.

Guest speight

Scott, thanks, I have taken the plunge!It may be the nearest I am gonna get to "online" flight, I have yet to succeed in connecting to Vatsim in 2 years trying.

Guest Scott Campbell

Howard,Super. I think you'll reaay enjoy your experience.One thing of note. The RC co-pilot won't be able to fly your PMDG aircraft because they have a custom autopilot. It can still control your comms. Just let the FMS fly it (or you, of course) and all will be well.

Guest speight

Only prob with re-registering FSUIPC is that since I bought it, I have re-formatted and lost my email records.But wot the hell, it doesn,t cost the Earth and Pete Dowson does a valued job for us.

Guest Scott Campbell

Howard,You can write to Pete and ask him for another key. He's a pretty reasonable guy.

He or Simmarket might have records based on your e-mail address.For protection, put to a floppy this key file, and a copy of FSUIPC.INI to see how you are officially registered -- it is in there once you install the key.I also do this with all of my flight 1 e-commerce generated keys.Now if only RC will let us backup the system dependent key. Assuming a re-install with the same O/S, FS and RC location, hardware, etc., that key I think would still be valid. Keep an e-mail copy of the number sent to you. When mine got clobbered by attempting to upgrade to a newer O/S, RC delivered on request a new one. I ended up putiing back the old OS from an image, had to reenter the original key recovered from e-mail, and all was well.

Guest speight

OK Team, I have installed from the disc, done the updates and now when I push the email for key button, I get 64 instances of internet explorer coming up and have to shut down to clear them.Instead of me going through all that, would you send me a key please, my product ID is:E070204996528Thanks

Guest RickT

Any time the "Email for Key" button does not work all you have to do is manually prepare a message addressed to register@jdtllc.com with a subject of RCv3 Key Request or RCv2 Key Request (depending on the version you are running) and include your Product ID code and your first & last name in the body.I'm sorry we are unable to send you a key because you did not include your Product ID code. Your Product ID code can be found just to the right of the Register button.

Guest speight

Thanks, I have now done that.

Guest speight

After a week of using RC, all is well now. Just one problem is that turning the landing lights, or the pmdg 73/xx clock on, blanks out the RC text!??

Guest Scott Campbell

Go into Settings/Hardware and make sure you don't have "Render to Texture" set. Also, try running in windowed mode. Are you running ATI or nVidia?