Sign in to follow this  
Guest geomikk

advdisp "blank"

Guest geomikk

RC and advdisp had been working fine until a few days ago. Now the advdisp display appears but the Radar Contact dialog does not appear and there is no response to keystrokes (I can see the dialog when I "click" on he lower bar of advdisp. I have the latest ATI drivers for my Radeon card and the latest versions of fsuipc and advdisp) Suggestions please.

Guest RickT

Right click on Adv Display and double check your text color settings and make sure it is set different than the background setting.

troubleshooting 101 - what has changed? new drivers? is advdisp "docked"? does fs have "focus" when you use your rc keys?backtrack the things you've done, to see what change caused the problem?jd

Hi,I don't know if it will help, but you could also try closing AdvDisp and starting it up again (after starting RC, of course). Sometimes, just above my aircraft panel, I'll get a translucent green window with the RC info in there if I don't have AdvDisp opened, similar to the scrolling window you'll see if, for example you open cabin doors with SHIFT+E. If that happens, I'll usually open AdvDisp from the FS menu bar, then right-click with the mouse on the translucent green area and select 'close window.' The RC menus are then visible in AdvDisp.Hope it helps!Cheers,Mike T.

Guest Scott Campbell

Just out of curiosity, are you sure RC is running? Was there anything glitchy when you loaded the plan and set everything? Did you try loading a saved dat and see if that works?

Guest geomikk

Thanks everyone. It seems to be running OK now. I reinstalled the .dll and that seems to have done it.