Sign in to follow this  
Guest guided_bomber

Can you issue SID/STARs on RCv3?

Guest guided_bomber

erm...can anyone answer the question I have added as the title of this thread plz?

Guest Scott Campbell

No. There would be thousands and thousands of wavs to record.

Guest guided_bomber

So,...the ATC will not be able to vector me to my destination using the real-world arrival routes? It's just that in the "getting started" section of the official radar contact page, the chart shows that you will get departure vectors...is this using the real-world SIDs by any chance?Maybe I put the question wrong.....wot i meant was can I actually fly (possibly a clearance)the departures and arrivals while in IFR?

Guest Mike Want

HiYou can specify that you are using a departure procedure. Radar Contact will then let you take your own route to the first waypoint, in effect letting you fly the departure procedure as per the plate.On arrival you can request an IAP approach, after which approach control will not nag you for apparent deviations from track.So, yes, in effect you can fly DPs and STARs+approaches (for STARs that start more than 40 NM from your destination, you need to include the earlier waypoints in your flight plan).Hope this helpsMike

i don't think he's talking about saying the sids and stars by name, just if you can fly them, and of course the answer to that is yes and yes

Guest Scott Campbell

Yes, I see that now. ;-)Yes and yes are the words. ;-)

Guest guided_bomber

Thanks guys!With FS2004, you can only fly the proper arrival routes whilst in VFR, which doesn't make a great experience sadly. (In IFR, the ATC just makes you decend randomly; not at all like the real puplished STARs) But now that I know this is possible to do in RCv3, I think its definitely worth the buy now...:DThanks again,...and if possible,...could you just double-check that for me please ;)....Thanks

Here's my user experience flying in and out of KMSP and also from other posts here and in the RC manual.First the waypoints must be in the flight plan. Some flightplanners include in their database SIDS and STARS.Per the manual and experience, if the first waypoint of a SID is within 30 nm of your departure, you will get a fly as filed without vectors at takeoff clearance other than perhaps the first takeoff heading as soon as your aircraft leaves the surface. It is expected you will navigate on your own to the first waypoint. If the first waypoint is outside that radius, you will be vectored to that first waypoint and then be told to resume your own nav for the rest of the SID. Other options are in the Controller Panel I think as stated.Second for arrival I have found that a STAR's waypoints are followed by approach until fairly close to destination when you will be vectored into a traffic flow.Using the latest 3.1 build.Version 4, quite a way's off, will offer improved runway choices and merges.