Sign in to follow this  
Guest CTyankee

Go Arounds

Guest CTyankee

Hi jd,On numerous occasions I have found myself on final approach after receiving clearance from RC to land, when, at the last moment RC orders a go around due to an AI aircraft taxiing onto the runway. RC then proceeds to give the offending aircraft a verbal thrashing for not continuing to hold short.Why does this situation happen in the first place? Did the offending aircraft receive instructions from FS ATC to taxi into position, and if so, was FS ATC oblivious of or indifferent to the fact that another aircraft was on final? Is FS ATC even aware of the existence of an aircraft being controlled by RC? I understand that RC Version 4 will have the capability to control as well as to recognize AI aircraft. Does this mean that RCV4 will be able to override FS ATC when necessary so that situations as described above will not happen?In the meantime are there any suggestions for avoiding or at least minimizing the occurrence of the problem?Best regards,Sandy

fs atc ignored you, and allowed the ai plane to take the runway. i saw that, and gave you a go aroundin v4, the silly ai will not take the runway with you on finaluntil then, if there are parallel runways, choose the runway departures aren't happening on.or you could choose another runwayorload extra fuel :-)or turn down your ai % when landing

Guest Wills402

Just a suggestion, it's how I've decided to deal with the silly AI either passing me on final, pulling out onto the runway or just being to dang slow to get off the runway. Right after I get "cleared to land" I change my flightsim time of day by one minute. This reloads all the Traffic and I have a clear shot at the runway. By the time I'm off the runway they AI have usually already started to line up for takeoff. I had heard "go around" to many times after I had already gone below minimum. I've been a Radar Contact user from the start so I'm very much looking forward to the next version.Willhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

you can even set up a fsuipc hotkey to turn off ai traffic, and then turn it back on, achieving the same effectjd

Guest CTyankee

Now THAT'S a great suggestion!Thanks, jdSandy

i'm not sure. i don't use it. i know ray proudfoot and peter d had this working.you assign a hotkey to a command, or something. maybe someone smarter than me will jump in with the answerjd

Sandy,I'm late (as usual) coming in on these discussions but that's how it's done.Alternatively if you have programmable buttons (such as those on the CH Yoke, Pro Throttle etc.) you can assign the command directly without using a keyboard assignment. To do this it's necessary to have a registered copy of FSUIPC which of course you do.You won't need to worry about GAs in v4 - the Ai traffic is handled really well by RC.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather