Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

A step beyond...

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

I do really enjoy flying my PMDG 737 along with RC: two must have!Now i'd like to take a step beyond. Until now i only use PMDG FMC as a GPS and as soon as RC controller ask me to begin my descent i instantly disable LNAV+VNAV and operate MCP or fly by hand until the final destination.Now i ask, is it possible to combine RC instructions with PMDG FMC inputs? what i mean are descent and also arrivals as seen on FMC departure/arrival page.Thanks for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest hlm65

Hi.I don't yet own RC (waiting for the realease of RCv.4) but I do own PMDG NGs and they're astounding. You can start your descent without having to hand-fly: just enable the "descend now" in the DES page of FMC, your 737NG will start a 1000fpm descent in LNAV/VNAV till regaining his programmed descent path. Or you could initiate a steeper descent, keeping the LNAV engaged and using eiether the V/S or the FL CH option...

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi JD.During last years i've always loved your creation and cannot fly without RC. I have just completed my 737 World Tour flying my wonderful PMDG 737/700 following every single instruction from controllers. As i said: A MUST.But today i think i'd like to try using that FMC as a pro i mean SID's, STARS's and other kinds of professional procedures.Is that because i ask if is it possible to combine both products.Can't wait for v.4cheersLuigi ;-)

that's one way to acheive what you're trying to do.in my original post, i thought you wanted the rc co-pilot to operate the fmc. that won't happen.jd

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you Tord,i suppose you're flying PMDG 737/800 too... in this case how do you manage AdvDisp when Landing Lights are on?On my PC (and i'm not alone) turning Landing Lights on cause AdvDisp to get a blank window and, as soon as the LL are turned off AdvDisp come back to life: PMDG or AdvDisp trouble?cheersLuigi ;-)

The keystrokes that control the AdvWindow are defined in the FSUIPC.INI file as described in the FSUIPC documents. The only stroke I have had to redefine from default is the HIDE definition.I do not have the PMDG but you may have a conflicting keystroke assignment which I did with another add-on.

Guest Scott Campbell

Ron,What keystroke to control the Advdisp window?

Ctrl-X (I think) as follows from the FSUIPC.ini line:AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10This hides the window. Is this what is being sought after?I generally lock and dock fairly small on the upper left. I hide for ground movement so I can see other aircraft, taxiway signs, surface lines, etc., when I know RC will not require a response. It helps to hide especially when turning off a runway sharply and maximum width of view is required. In the air most of the time it is not obstrusive and is required on TO and APPR for vector responses, etc., even though it is crowded. When doing a visual circling approach, I generally hide it until established on final when ATC response is expected. This also lets me view non-IFR non-transponder equipped traffic in the pattern at the smaller places.

There is also a response yesterday from Pete on his forum in response to the query from the OP.

Guest Scott Campbell

Thanks, Ron.I did not know the AdvDisp window was one of the options in key assignments. I'll have to check that out.

I don't think it is in key assignment options unless it is in a recent change. I hand edited it in (filled in the blank) according to tables and a procedure furnished in one of the two user guides.

Guest Scott Campbell

Ron,Yes, it's in the HotKey section where you can assign a key to it. I'm using 3.302, but 3.30 sould have it as well.