Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

Eyes here !!...... Anybody using AUTOGENIUS?

This is a most incredible looking global freeware scenery program by an Italian chap (Franceso Mandelli). I stumbled on it today. It looks utterly amazing--revolutionary-- but my Italian is not so great and I am not positive I understand the instructions clearly. If anybody here is using it and it works as well as it looks, please post with any advice or info on installing and using it.Thanks!Js

IT certainly is a hit. As in popular. Just download and unzip it. The agn files go into the scenedb/world/texture folder. There's about 69 of em'. Backup the originals and just cut and paste em' in. No frame hit; just a nice end result. This one should get an award.

Hi, Jonathan. Absolutely with you, and in the past few weeks I've talked a lot about it. For me, Autogenius has changed the landscape :-).There has been a few threads here recently that included interesting discussions about it, Search for autogenious here and in BFU general forum and you should find them. Mind you that I use it with the default FS textures. With replacement textures, as Francesco also suggests, you will not see its full potential though others here have reported a way around this, which I haven't tried.

Eh? wait a sec:The ZIP file has 217 .agn files with a path to scenedbworldtexture. But I don't have that path; I have scenedbafdfiles, aso, atc, Easthem, etc.I have sceneryworldtexture, with 217 original .agn files.So what do I do?Help!JS

Guest Scott Campbell

Jon,FS98 2000 or 2002?If it's 2002 and you don't have scenedbworldtexture you will be missing a large amount of textured scenery and ground.

Guest CapnCol

I am using Auto genius at the moment and I find that it really improves the default scenery. The best thing about it seems to be to make buildings actually line up with roads instead of just being scattered around everywhere. Also with some add on scenery, trees used to float in space, especially in mountainous areas. This is now fixed, for me anyway. Installation was painless also as I just backed up to original scenery folder then inserted the new files.Colin

Guest Boone

A fantastic addition and not much of a frame rate hit either.Boone

Guest slydon

When I found it to download, the instructions there were in english. Anyway, it is easy to install and use, and well worth it I might add. Don

You're right. There are like 200+ agn files in the download. I just copied the entire scenedb/world/texture folder and put it away. Then copied and pasted.