Sign in to follow this  
Dale_Reitz

Canned Chatter

Got the CD today, Install was a breeze, but I can't believe you put the same canned chatter files that's been used in the past 2 versions!Otherwise my first flight with Version4 is going well.Dale Reitzlink:jdtllc.com|http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Hi Dale,In v4 we have really worked on getting chatter going with the ai around you. I used canned chatter a lot in v3 (unlike jd!) but hardly ever listen to it in v4.There was no reason to remove it, however, so it's still there as an option.

Guest Les Parson

I think he means NEW chatter.

Hi Les and Dale,Point taken. As I said in v4 our attention was focussed on getting the chatter to ai working and so we weren't really thinking about the 'canned chatter' side. The best I can say is that, as with v3, you can put any chatter files you can find into RC if you put them in the right folder with the right names.p 136 of the manual (adding your own chatter to Radar Contact) describes this.Sorry, I know that's not the ideal answer! Hopefully, like me, you'll find the chatter to the ai planes means you won't be bothering with the canned chatter too much. All the best,John

Hi Les and Dale,As John has pointed out we spent countless hours working on chatter between you as the pilot and AI planes. I worked on a lot of the canned chatter in V3. Getting legal copies of canned chatter is very time comsuning and we need it from a number of countries. When a program is under development you first need to make sure that you meet your design objectives. V4's was AI interaction, and accurate ATC worldwide procedures, I think we meet that goal. As we began to define our next objectives canned chatter is on that list as is the "sound" of AI chatter. It sounds easier said then done (no pun intended) :-)The team worked really hard on a number of very complex issues for the last year or so, now we can focus on items that are being brought up in these threads. The questions and comments you bring up are very helpful for us to focus on in next updates.Thanks for using RCv4, I think you will enjoy the new complex environment of realworld ATC in RC.Bob JohnsonDallas

Guest Quincy

The was a great low cost alternative to the same old in a press release here on Avsim during the week of September 3 thru Sept 10 2005. Radar Contact never sounded better and the author says it works with version 4 same as 3.I haven't got 4 yet (expecting it for Christmas) but it's sure expands version 3 by nearly double the chatter! Search the news archives for that week. It's called the Ultimate RealATC Collection for Radar Contact and Enviro. All set up - just copy the files and fly!A very old flight simmer,Quincy