Sign in to follow this  

Project AI

Guest Coneman

Hi All,For anyone contemplating installing this (when they are up again), I thought I would share my experience. I'll start by saying that I have a virgin copy of FS2002, meaning I haven't mucked with the traffic.bgl or AFCAD. I usually shy away from an autoinstaller, especially without any read me file, but this sounded so interesting I couldn't help myself. The download went fine, with just one hick-up saying the base didn't completely download, but was able to retry without a problem. I guess it took about an hour on my 56k.Everything installed fine but I had to wait until the next day to fire up FS2002. Since I had never modified any of my airports with AFCAD, I wasn't expecting to see every gate filled. And they weren't. But at KORD there were definitely more aircraft than what I was used to seeing. And it was VERY cool to see A320s. So I next went to KDEN. Same story, more aircraft than before, and more realistic. The models from PAI are definitely an improvement on the default stuff. The only criticism I have is maybe the textures could be a little better, but that could be from the DXT3 format.So it was off to KSEA, and there were a total of two aircraft at the gates, but that I'm sure is because of the limited amount of liveries available right now. On the other hand, there was a virtual stampede of US Airways traffic at KPHL. KJFK was very interesting, with all of the jetBlue and international traffic there. So here are a few of my findings:- The PAI models seem to be less frame rate hungry than the default, and actually look like the real thing.- Installation went very well, some kind of documentation is needed though. Read the installation instructions in the forum when it's back up.- I had about the same amount of AI traffic in the air at night.- It is so cool to know you are seeing real airlines using real schedules. And now there are 757s, 767s, 777s, 747s, A320s etc. - Apparently there is a fix for the missing MD11s and 737s.- I did take the precaution of backing up my traffic file.Overall I am extremely impressed with this add-on, and amazed at the amount of work that went into this. All for FREE!!!ToddKCOE

I'm also a big fan of this add-on. I love messing around with AI traffic and schedules so this is great. I've created many real-time schedules myself so I opted for the manual install which took some time but I didn't mind it. KORD was jam packed as well as KATL and many others. You definitely need AFCAD so more gates can be added. I think that's why many people are only seeing a few aircraft. You also need a bit of experience with manipulating traffic for this to work well for you in my opinion unless the self-installer works perfectly. The aircraft are very framerate friendly. Other than a few glitches with some aircraft, I like it a lot. Good job PAI crew!

PAI has really got my vote for one of the best add-ons yet!! I usually would do any AI editing manually, but opted for the auto installer. Except for the regular problems everyone is seeing, IT WORKS AWESOME!!!!I love it!! FLIC I have a question where can I go to find real world flight plan data? Do you have any you can share?Thankshttp://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

See the AI Traffic Routes page at my site. (URL below)

Guest Boone

This is easily one of the greatest scenery (after all AI planes simply ehance the world we are are flying in) add-ons ever for flight simulation. The planes look superb and offer less of a frame rate hit than the static models available in most airport scenery add ons. I take my hat off to these guys for the amount of work they have done. They deserve some sort of award or recogntion. When we have a few more liveries available it is going to look incredible at most major airports (and small ones). Download it. You can not be dissapointed.I just hope they can get their server issues sorted out.Keep it PAI if you read this. Truly great work.Boone

I agree - a great piece of work and its free!!One point to note: Project AI IS a work-in-progress.Be aware that at airports other than those frequently used by the airlines/schedules currently included, commercial AI traffic will become very sparse (GA traffic is not affected). For example, at London Heathrow I had only GA traffic and not much else!Not knocking it, just pointing this out!