Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Easiest to use scenery designer?

Guest Timbo

I just got Bill Lyons' excellent Waco and I've had the urge to add my custom hangar to a few more airports. I was wondering what the best and easiest tool to add just API's is? I'm not looking to design whole airports, just add a macro here or there. Anything visual would be prefered rather than punching in coordinates.Thanks![TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated June 11th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest PhilC

Me too! :-grnmd I brought this up in the scenery forum here but still do not understand what I am doing.I downloaded Airport 2.60 to see what I could do. All I did was create a mess but at least is was easy enough to revert to my original. Airport seems rather harmless but I don't have any idea what I am doing and the documentation wasn't much help for inserting API's.What we need is quick and dirty... I 'load' and existing airport and place my API at the location and rotation that I want it. Compile and save the 'overlay' bgl of the hangar and go flying. Can this be done?

Guest GZR_Frenchy

I use FSSC by Derek Leunghttp://www.geocities.com/dleung8/fssc/I uploaded a tutoral called "GZR_Water Base anywhere" here at Avsim. Understand you only want to install macros, but if you can follow these simple directions you can make simple scenery addons quite easily.Just do a search for "GZR*" without the quotes.It deals with making Menu Entry Points and adding a simple antenna but all you have to do is call down the Macro Menu and do the same thing with any macro. Find your macro. Drag it to your co-ords, rotate it and compile it into your scenery. Do it the first time and you can do it a thousands times.Works for me and it's free.Ric. aka GZR_Frenchy

I can also vouch for FSSC... I used it to add a simple ultralight airport complete with hangar to the Phoenix metro area... Easy to use....-John

Guest cwright

Adding API's in Airport is very easy. Right-click on the map where you want the API, and then choose 'Create 3D object'. Then simply choose an API from the list of standard Airport API's. If you've added your own API's, choose 'User API' and select. That's all! Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

I use Airport and it's excellent. You simply choose and place objects onto the map. Adding API's is very easy. You can download it from http://www.airportforwindows.com/ Best regards, Chris

Guest PhilC

As I said, I used Airport but when I loaded the scenery after compiling, all of the textures were gray or wrong. Could that have something to do with my new compiled airport being loaded along with the original one?I'll check out FSSC and the tutorial. Thanks for everyone's help.

Guest PhilC

Just to let you all know....thanks to all of your help I was finally able to place my hangar at any location I choose. I did have an easier time with FSSC rather than Airport and the tutorial was a great help. Thanks again to you all!Now, let's see what else I can stick in there.... :(