Sign in to follow this  
steveellis

Wide FS & RC4

I have been running RC4 for a while now...great program.I looked at the manual stating about the makerwys file has to be on the fS9 PC, now in the manual it says that it will ask you if this is a wide fs instalation when rebuilding the runways, the problem is that I have had no prompts to this effect. Have I installed this incorrectly ?Thanks.Stephen Ellis

Guest mmcevilley

>I have been running RC4 for a while now...great program.>>I looked at the manual stating about the makerwys file has to>be on the fS9 PC, now in the manual it says that it will ask>you if this is a wide fs instalation when rebuilding the>runways, the problem is that I have had no prompts to this>effect. Have I installed this incorrectly ?>>Thanks.>Stephen EllisStephen,To make sure we are on the same page ... you click "Rebuild Scenery DB" and you get no prompt inquiring if this is a Wide FS installation?-michael

Hi Michael,Yes, sorry for the garbled message before, we are on the same page..LOL.. No prompt at all.

Guest mmcevilley

>Hi Michael,>>Yes, sorry for the garbled message before, we are on the same>page..LOL.. No prompt at all.Hmmm, that is strange. I'm a WideFs user and I have not seen such. We will have to check into this and get back to you.-michael

Hi Steve,So when you click 'Rebuild Scenery db' you get no dialogue boxes at all?You could press the 'debug on' button before you try to rebuild scenery db.This will created a file in the rc4 folder caleed, by default, RC4.log.It's probably so short that you could open it with wordpad and paste the contents here.All the best,John

Hello John,Here is my debug log, I can see from it there are no paths selected to my FS9 folderdebug onRC Version 4.0.3675 November 11, 2005C:Program Filesrcv4rcv4.exe fs9path = fs8path = fs7path = fs6path = xpath = del .dataa4.csv cd " "makerwys.execopy r4.csv "C:Program Filesrcv4datar4.csv"

that means there is no registry entry for the flight simulator path. which means the .bat file is clueless on where to look.if you are comfortable using regedit, you can put the correct path in, goto HK Local Machinethensoftwaremicrosoftmicrosoft gamesflight simulator9.0add a new key called "EXE path"and the data for that key, your fs9 path. such as "F:flightfs2004" without the quotes

Hi Steve,I assume on the widefs machine on which RC is running. You perhaps need the network path to FS. I'm a little confused though in that I would have thought that without a registry entry RC would simply ask if this is a widefs configuration. That's what happens toy me.Anyway here's what my log looks like rebuilding the db via widefs: fs9path = Bigdellflight simulator 9 fs8path = fs7path = fs6path = xpath = Len(Dir(xpath makerwys.exe)) = 0 Or xpath = null All the best,John

Message for John Burgess,Its fixed now but it needed a complete re-install of windows, no worries though as RC4 and a few IVAO tools is all I run on this CPU anyway.I know his does not pinpoint the previous problem as the fix was the most drastic thing you can do.., just to let you know.

Hi,I've the same problems. But I'm not familiar with regedit. Anyone who can clear me up here? How can I set the path? I'm getting all the prompts, trying to rebuild the scenery, but no rebuilding takes place..Thanks,Herman leusmanMy logfile says:debug onRC Version 4.0.3737 January11, 2006D:BaseFolderrcv4rcv4.exe fs9path = fs8path = fs7path = fs6path = xpath = del .dataa4.csv cd "