Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Is the Flight One C421 a FPS HOG?

Guest Scott Campbell

Scott,I have a PIII-600, so much less than yours, and I have seen no difference in FPS at all. It's a magnificently done model, flight file, panel, gauges, everything. This aircraft has been very well thought out.It's very much worth it.

I have pretty much the exact specs you do (see below). I have the plane (421) and my frame rates hover around 18FPS. With the cockpit in VC mode as well. The VC is extremely well done. And it is the performane imparing VC I have seen yet!!From the outside maybe FPS will drop to maybe 14-15. So I highly recommend it!! No matter what its smooth!!My Specs:PIII 1Ghz / ASUS CUSL2-C-BP512MB RamGeforce 2 Ultra 64mb -> 21 inch ViewsonicGeforce 2 MX400 64 MB -> 17 inch Panasonic15GB Deskstar45GB Deskstar80GB DeskstarWindows XP Pro / Windows MEMSFS 2K2 ProSound Blaster Live PlatinumToshiba DVD /52X CD / HP 8200i CD-RW / Zip 100CH Products Yoke and Rudder pedals (USB)Waiting till later this year to do an upgrade. Waiting for the new goodies to arrive. (NOV or DEC)http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest SoarPics

I have my framerate lock at 20, and notice approximately 10% decraese in FPS with just a few dynamic blurries thrown into the mix.Evenso, this is an outstanding aircraft and IMHO a must have for any GA enthusist. Push comes to shove you can back off on a few sliders to compensate for any performance loss you might experience. This airplane is certainly worth the compromise.System specs:AMD Athlon TBird 1.4 Ghz @ 1.5Ghz (143 FSB)ASUS A7M266512MB PC2100 DDR40 GB Maxtor ATA133Gainward GF3 Ti200 Golden Sample @ 240/500Turtle Beach soundWIN 98SEThrusmaster Cougar HOTASCH Pro Pedals USBRegards,

Guest ScottPilot

OK, Thanks very much for the info! I will give it a try!Scott :-)ATP/CFII in the real aviation world.

Hey Greg,I've got the GF2 Ti (not golden sample) and I've currently got it up to 250/520 rock stable with no artifacts.I know the golden samples should clock pretty high, and even my non-gs version has crazy-fast ram on it! :)I do not have ram sinks or a fancy fan, but I do have the case cover removed and a small desk fan blowing directly in. I did this to cool my new CPU (XP1700). So far the results have been great. I have never seen my CPU temp above 41C even after hours of hard use.I would be interested to see if you had the GF3 clocked higher but had to back down due to stabilty/artifacts...I'm thinking of getting the GF3 like you have because the kid's machine needs a new card. :)Regards,Steve DraBTWI got my card at Newegg.com last month for $88, its down to $77 now. I highly recommend it to anyone who might be thinking of getting a "budget" card that runs FS2002 beautifully!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg