Sign in to follow this  

Falcon 50 Night flying?

REF: The Dessault Falcon 50 by Lavigne,Banting,& YoungI know that Shift+L or turning on the panel lights fromthe overhead panel will close the entry door.That's fine, but how do I fly at night with the panellights turned off and the door closed?Seems like I silly question, I know, but it gets a littlechilly with the door open, not to mention the adverseflight characteristics!Wayne AllenCYYZ Toronto

You can't - Why would you want to fly without the panel lights on?

It does seem kinda strange to want to fly with the panel lights off at night; however, once airborne, it doesn't matter what lights are on or off because the door actually shuts automatically."Learn from your parents' mistake...use birth control."(I M A UCLA) BruinAddict *:-*DemetriousAsus A7V266 MBAthlon XP 1600+ (@ 1.53)512MB PC2100 DDRVisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4400 (Detonator 29.42 WHQL)NEC MultiSync E1100+ 21"SoundBlaster Live! Platinum 5.1Cambridge DTT2500 Desk Top TheaterWestern Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Primary)Western Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Secondary)300W PSUWindows XP Professional (Both drives - Multiboot)DirectX 8.1

Please read the docs!!Regards,Rob Young

Sorry if I offended anyone --- yes Rob, I've read themanual several times.When flying at night, I like to clearly see other traffic, the runways, and the instruments. I find all to be mucheasier if the panel lights are off since the digits onthe gauges stand out clearly.Since opening and closing the door is intimately tied tothe panel light switch when on the ground, I can easilylive with having to wait until I'm airborne to turn offthe panel lights.Fantastic aircraft -- my favorite of all in my currenthangar!Smooth landings to all.Wayne AllenCYYZ Toronto