Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Hey MS! Sure would be nice if we could move/add roads.

Guest PaulL01

We have had some of the best minds in our hobby working on it since the release of FS2k2 and no one has gotten anywhere with being able to add/replace the default road/river data with more acurate data (hint) that matches the new and much better mesh scenery (throw in coastlines too). It really is a shame to have such accurate terrain and then have to see a river not follow its actual "path" in the terrain through the whole scenery and then of course flying through familiar areas where the roads are lacking as to real or accurate placement just blows it etc. etc.Would be real nice if "we" could start working on this..hint, hint! :)Please MS, help us out here! hint hint.Heres hoping for a real scenery SDK! :)poor guys in the scenery design forum. :(If Anyone wants to add a positive or encouraging remark please feel free to add, anyone who wants to turn this into a flame MS post please dont bother you will/arent helping and it wont be welcomed if you catch my drift! :)Thanks,Paul Leatzaw

Guest cwright

Paul, I too am waiting with my tongue practically hanging out! My main concern is coastlines. At least we know the scenery SDK does exist, as one of the released SDK's refers to it. The FS2000 terrain SDK came out in June, 2000 and the scenery SDK came out three months later, in September (the files were dated May and August, respectively). How it took them almost a year to bring out an SDK is beyond me. There is a promising sign. Tucker Hatfield stated that the CFS3 aircraft SDK will come in the box. Maybe Microsoft will wake up and realise it's just as easy to bring out the main SDK's after a couple of months as it is to do it after almost a year. And, who knows, if they did that the developers might start to like Microsoft instead of giving up on FS entirely, as one did recently. Best regards, Chris

I am too interested in Roads but have been puzzled by the fact that road textures do not seem to be used ?All the roads ,differant types and still you see the pale "tracks"everywhere ,I have been working on animated bitmap for cars on roads but have altered the textures but they seem to be not used ?It is a big mystery to me ,why are there these textures of roads where they are not used Anniette xxxxxxxxx

They're used on bridges. Try the Mississippi and fly low over bridges (the ones that are designed specifically, not the general model bridges) and you'll see.__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Aniette,there are so many textures and soundsinclude Microsoft just didn't use.this is propably a fine example of a deadline.I just don't try to imganie what this sim could have been more,though it's also great nowSeba

Guest PaulL01

>I am too interested in Roads but have been puzzled by the >fact that road textures do not seem to be used ? >All the roads ,differant types and still you see the pale >"tracks"everywhere ,I have been working on animated bitmap >for cars on roads but have altered the textures but they >seem to be not used ? >It is a big mystery to me ,why are there these textures of >roads where they are not used >Anniette xxxxxxxxx They certainly do use them, they are located under scenedb/world/textures and are named: roadsxx.bmp and hiwayxx.bmp You need to have done a full install of FS2k2 to have them on your hard drive, as if otherwise they are being read from the CD.Paul

Guest PaulL01

>I add my support! An overlay of usgs generated roads over >what we have in MS and the ultimate occurs. >>Thanks Geof, Thats what we need, a little comunity support. :)Heres to hoping it keeps up!Paul

Guest PaulL01

>Paul, > I too am waiting with my tongue practically hanging out! >My main concern is coastlines. At least we know the scenery >SDK does exist, as one of the released SDK's refers to it. Hi Chris,Yes the coastlines certainly need detail as well.Lets just hope that it actually has the info that we need for the River, Roads and Coastlines, I am actually quite afraid that it wont.:( I hope that MS doesn't make that mistake. :)Regards,Paul