Sign in to follow this  

Full Installation

Is there a way to run FS2000 without having to insert the CD each time? I think it is fully installed but I still get the prompt to insert the cd to verify something or other. Also, as I will be buying FS2002 this Summer is it possible to fully install the program and eliminate the need to use a cd each time?Thanks.

Exportman:Something does not sound right regarding your installation. Is this FS 2002 or FS 2000? (The subject line in your post says "FS 2000" but the text of your post says FS2002!)I did the full install of FS 2002 and have never had to insert any CD. On the other hand, if we're talking about FS 2000, you do have to insert the CD each time unless of course you have downloaded one of the several "CD Crack" utilities that fix this. Alex CN562ZMinneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Its good to know about fs2002 when I buy it later on but for now how can I fix this nuisance problem of fs2000 with the utility fix you mentioned?

http://www.roychaffin.com/pub/fs2knocdu2.zip is a direct URL for the FS2000 No_CD fix. This .zip file contains a modified FS2000.exe file which bypasses the CD check. Just copy this modified file into the main FS2000 folder overwriting the original.Trip

Exportman:I second what Trip says.Alex CN562ZMinneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Exportman:If you download the zip file (a couple of posts up) that will fix the CD insert with a full install of FS2000. You mention that you will be buying FS2002, you will not have this problem is FS2002 as long as you do a full install. Hope that helps! :+ :)

Remember! That "No-CD" patch works only in Win9x, no 2000 or XP!

...at least test the file before you declare it unfit for use. It works just fine with Win2000 and XP.Trip

Really?!?! can you send me the link for that plz?! I'd appreciate it. On and by the way i did try it and says it doesnt work.

Your right trip thanks! Looks like i tried an older crack that didnt work with 2000 or XP, well anyways Im using FS2002 but thanks.