Sign in to follow this  
Guest joea

I give up! Is there an answer?

After months of trying to find out how I may have disengaged or modified my program somewhere I now will ask for help. When I push back from the gate in any aircraft (shift-p) I can not get the plane to move left or right using 1 or 2. No it's not a numlock problem. It used to work, but now somehow doesn't. Thanks for any help. Also, at some airports when landing ILS with auto approach my aircraft tracks well but am not locking on the glide slope. Can't figure this one out either. Works at some airports but not at others. Thanks for any information.

Guest SD Sim

Hi John,Your not alone. I suffer from the same pushback problem. I have installed so many aircraft/panels lately that I'm not sure when the problem started. In addition, I haven't taken the time to figure out if the problem effects all the aircraft, or just the third party planes, which are my primary aircraft these days. Maybe someone knows the solution. I need to try some of the default planes to see how bad the problem is.

Guest gasebah

Go in spot view. Press shift+P. Do not move the view angle!!! Do not change the view!!! Press 1 or 2 immediately after pressing shift+p.This way it works 99% of the time. There are some aircraft however where it never works (e.g. DF737 or PSS Airbus).alex

Try this. Re-sign the push back key combo of "Shift + P" in the assignments, to another key. I used the "," comma key. Once reassigned, push back using ", + 1 or 2" depending on the direction you want to turn. I use 767PIC, and because of the different key combo's used, you never could get this aircraft to push back and turn with the default "Shift + P" combo. Give it a try if it works great, if not maybe someone else has ideas.As for the autopilot not capturing the glide slope, try this. When setting up for an ILS, make sure you intercept the glide slope from below. If you fly down onto the glide slope, many times the autopilot will not engage. Try flying up through the glide slope.cheers :-beerchug

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll try the reasignment idea. So far in my sim, no plane, whether 3rd party or default will turn. It used to do so, but when it began failing is so long ago I can't pin point some event that might have triggered it. As for the glide slope problem, this is fairly recent and I seem unable to capture it at any angle. Just flew into KCTL from way out straight in. Had all the needles aligned before I punched approach. Still no decent. Ah well, I'll keep at it.Thanks again.

Guest joea

Ok, maybeastupid question but are you sure you are on a full ILS not a localiser approach only?