Sign in to follow this  

Amazing New Skyship 600 Fuji Blimp!

who made this and can i have one please ?Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Dominik Mann

Bill Lyons made it - the same one who also created the Goodyear Defender blimp. You can get it in the file library right here on this site :-) .

Thank you !I just download it and if as good as it look ,i shall be going for a journey around my localaty this afternoon :)Anniette xxxxxxxx

After having about 15 min flight I found this really nice aircraft it is real pretty and good for looking at the scenery a very great piece of work and much fun.Does any person know how can you turn off the engines to get the nice bus back after you land again? i could not find a engine shut off.ANniettexxxxxxxxx

HI AnnietteI just used the ctrl shift F1 keypresses to turn the engines off and then if you press the / key you get the bus and the truck.Its a nice airship, I took it for a ride near my local Airfield here in the UK, thats Shoreham (EGKK), Ive left a couple of piccies in the screenshots forumTake careCraig

Guest Dominik Mann

I would very much like to see some more airships in FS...even though The Sim does not really support lighter-than-air craft. However, even considering the limitations placed on them by MS they're great fun to fly. I'm eagerly looking forward to the mighty Hindenburg by Al Kaiser (correct?) which is currently in the works - look for a thread titled "Oh the Humanity..." in the screenshots forum! :D Might be back a few pages by now, though.Can't wait to let the Zeppelins live up again! :7

Hi Blimp fans! :)Don't know if you have tried this, but the blimps work just fine as AI Aircraft too! :)Using AFCAD, I created special short "runway" areas at 2 Atlanta Area airports. Even though they are located on the grounds of the airports, I used a different ICAO--sort of like setting up an AFCAD Overlay airport. That way there is no interference between the 10-20 mph blimps and other aircraft with their much higher speeds.I made the parking "gate" right beside and parallel to the "runway". Then I connected the parking with the runway with short connectors that were only a few degrees different from the runway itself.That way the blimps would not need to "taxi" very far or make any turns greater than a few degrees so that it looks much more natural.Then I set up a Flight Plan that runs between the two aiports with a 2 hour Repeat.Now anytime I fly near either of those airports, there is the Defender proudly flying around the Atlanta skyline! :)Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Guest Dominik Mann

Bill,any chance for you to put up these "blimp-ports" for download? :D Would really like to give them a try in my AI traffic!Thanks!

Hi Dominik,Thanks for the suggestion. I had not thought of it.I just got through preparing a Zip file to do exactly that.But I thought I might need to get Bill Lyon's ok before I proceed.As soon as I get that, I will send it up.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Guest Dominik Mann

That's great to hear! With Al Kaiser's incredible Hindenburg coming up, airship facilities might become really useful.Now the final topping for those airship ports would be if somebody were to make some fitting static scenery - such as anchor mast, terminal building, hangars (or whatever you call them when used by airships) :-) ...! Any scnery builders reading this?Cheers,

Ok, just uploaded the package to both the FlightSim and AVSIM libraries.Not sure how long it takes at AVSIM but there is usually a day or two delay at FlightSim. Search for "MOLB003A.zip".Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)