Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Lago Honolulu Scenery FPS high 60's with 1.2 GHz?...

Guest abent

This is on the front page of AVSIM...This is with "high dense" scenery. Man Lago must know something no one else does. If this is the case, to hell with an upgrade. I'll just wait till Lago does the whole FS world and buy up all their scenery :( (tongue firmly planted in cheek).I know, FPS isn't everything, smoothness is most important but I'd take 60 FPS any day! Hell, I'd settle for 25!I'm lucky to get 15 FPS in moderately dense sceneries with my setup:Athlon 1.1GeForce 2 Ultra786 PC-133 Micron ramDet 21.83 Adam

60 frames, yeah with everything turned down (except the addon scenery settings)and at 50,000 ft.Jason "fearjet (flown in a Learjet 25 a few times, even got to taxi one hence the nickname....the Learjet 25 is NOT a boy's toy)".

I just downloaded their fantastic new mesh for Switzerland which has to be the most detailed available to date but im afraid im in chug mode with my Amd Athlon xp 1800 plus 526 meg ram, G-force3 TI 500 :-(Oh well down with the sliders ;-(Peter

Guest abent

Peter, generally speaking, how do you like your system? I was considering a Geforce 4 but as people are suggesting that card might be cpu starved, I'm looking at a GF3 TI500 (they are so inexpensive now and most reviews I've read suggest that it is a far better card than my GF2 Ultra) and possibly an XP2000 or 2100.What was your previous card/cpu, if you don't mind my asking? And did you notice any substantial improvement in terms of performance? I have no doubt that graphically a GF3 would improve my system.Thanks, Adam

Guest gasebah

Hi Adam,the fast processor is more important than he graphics card. But if you can afford both, get both.In contrary to what a lot of people are posting here there is a huge difference between a GF3 Ti and a GF4Ti4600 (the people who are posting differ

Hi PeterI,m downloading this mesh at the moment.I,ve tried a few Mesh files both Pay and free and have not noticed any difference in the FPS.How much do your FPS drop compared with the default mesh?.Regarding the Geforce cards.I,ve upgraded from a geforce2 GTS To a geforce 4 4400.Before installing the new card I saved a flight on the ground at heathrow Card settings were 1024.768 16 bit no AA AF at 16 tap.Geforce 2 FPS was 19-28 with the Geforce 4 frame rate unchanged.I then tried AA a lowest level again no change in FPS in Either card Changed to 32bit with AA, frame rate with the geforce 2 down 50%Geforce 4 Frame rate drop was around 20%In my system I have noticed any improvement in smoothness or stuttering.But the Image quality is much much better now thanks to being able to use Higher levels of AF, running at 32tap its a sight to behold. Hopefully new drivers may change these results, but i,m an eternal optimist:)CheersJohnAthlon 1.43 OCAbit Geforce 4 4400 ( 29.42 drivers)SBlive512 cas2 133 sdram

hey the question was asked about the jump in frame rate after changing processors.can i offer this for you having recently done just that.old systemathlon 1.2 gig384 sdram pc100voodoo 5 graphics fs2002 was getting 7-8 fps using spot view at stansted airport england (addon airport from uk2000 scenery)new systemxp 2000 chip512 ddr 2100voodoo 5 graphicsspot view now getting 14-15 fps loooooovvvvveee itanybody lend me some money to get a geforce graphics card...new board chip memory wiped out all me savings

>This is on the front page of AVSIM...This is with "high >dense" scenery. Man Lago must know something no one else >does. No, you will probably see much scenery that is MUCH faster than you were acustomed to. Simply because Gmax created scenery is so much faster and can be optimized so much better than older scenery. In the end we'll probably eat up all the excessive speed with animations, more dense mesh and more objects:-)Of course we do many tricks like hiding objects that are not in view and very carefully calculating the distance at which objects should be seen. But basically it is in Gmax and the new compilers. They make all the difference.Mathijs KokLAGO

Guest abent

Thank you all for your responses. I sent out a tender so to speak. I got this one back from a guy I know who sells computers. Keep in mind that the prices are in Canadian dollars.Please comment! Specifically on the card and processor.Thanks again, AdamP4 2.2/MB or XP2200P4 2.0 $360P4 2.2 $454P4 2.4 $735ASUS Mainboard P4T-E $275SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 $69GeForce 3 TI500 (you may as well give me a price on the GF4 TI4600 too)GeForce3 TI500 $358GeForce4 TI 4600 $654GeForce4 TI4200 $398512 RIMM memory $176 for a 256 (RIMM comes in pairs)Case (Enlight $129 300Watt power supply)H/D maybe a 40 GIG or whatever you recommend $144Windows ME (unless you're certain that XP would be faster)350 - 400 watt PS included in case. You will not need anything larger than a 300 for the devices that you are using.