Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Help ! with the Video Recorder in FS2002

Hi All.My questions are, how do I get it to record a video longer than 5 secs at a time! When I go to start the recorder the only options I have for recording time is 1 sec,3 sec and 5 secs intervals. What is up with that.x(Next question. I know the video is saved in myflights as a *.fsr file so how do I change it windows media type file (once I can record more than 5 secs at a time.).:-lolDavid D TWF268 Timberwolf Air: "Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, VISA/MC Accepted" http://www.timberwolfair.com/

It sounds like you want to create an .AVI (or some such) and if so, the Video Recorder ain't the way to go. There was a terrific thread here about making videos from FS (along with a site from a guy who's been doing this for some time): give the forum a search. The basic bottom line is you'll want to employ video capture using external tools (like routing video from your monitor card and/or vidcap card). I've been doing this with excellent results (and the biggest advantage is you can then apply editing with different views to really create something special).

The video keeps recording until you stop it with ESC. The times you quoted are related to the recording rate, not the total duration.