Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

How to speed up voices?

Is there a way to speed up the voices?IE faster instructions.I posted this same question 3/04 for RC3 and there was a solution:%comspec% /C start /ABOVENORMAL C:Progra~1rcv30rcv3.exe.Is this possible in RC4?If so how do I do it?I don't remember how I did it in RC3,but it worked.Win XP Pro.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, Ron, but are you suggesting it's necessary to change FS to windowed mode in order to minimise it to get at RC? If so, that's not the case. All you need to do is use the ALT-TAB key combination to minimise FS from full-screen mode.PPhttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

Well,I learn something new every day.I'll do that next time.Although the problem arises when I go from minimize to full screen,but I was always going thru the view menu and therefore windows mode to do that.Thanks for the info.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest speight

>4.01 will make a world of difference>>jdVersion 4 0 1 ???Where can we find that sir?

all the volunteers from a couple of weeks ago have it. i'll release it for general consumption in a few daysjd

JD,I'm using 4.01 and have moved the sliders all the way to the right for all voices. The speech rate still seems rather slow...especially in a crowded terminal environment. The ATIS is VERY slow it seems. Any other suggestions?Great product and gain, thanks for all of the support you guys provide.Bill

by moving the sliders to the far right, you are making the voices extremely slow.for faster voices, ie, not delays between words/phrases, the sliders should be to the far LEFTjd

JD,Boy, do I feel stupid! Talk about the proverbial brain lock. Thanks again for the great program and support!!Best,Bill

Guest hermazoid

Where are these sliders? I did a search of RCv4 manual, no joy. Are these in FS9?

These are new in RC 4.01

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

click the voices button.the update installed a new 4.01 doc and pdf in your rcv4 directory, the sliders are discussed in therejd