Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmanaon

RC4.01 - Some Questions/Issues

Guest tmanaon

I bought RC4 a few days ago and my CD arrived this evening. I just installed it, read the quick start guide, and was off to the races (after downloading and installing 4.01 without any problems). I use the PMDG747-400.1. I am having a heck of a hard time figuring out when ATC is talking to me - the voice is not crisp and/or clear. Even when i feel that i am being addressed, i have a hard time understanding what is being said. Is there any way i can make the voice sharper - like the default FS ATC?2. Since i fly the 747, i usually only fly long hauls. Normally when using FS ATC, once i get to cruise altitude and i am sent to the next controller, i change frequencies but will not tune into the next controller and go about my business until abot 200 nm to destination. Then i will tune to controller and continue with ATC. That way my IFR is not cancelled. Is there a way to ignore ATC in RC4 (for longhauls) without having IFR cancelled. I undertand that you can turn comm over to copilot but from what i have read on the PMDG forum, it seems that you cannot turn over controls of the PMDG747 to RC4 copilot. Is this true. If yes, are there any tricks to ignoring ATC in TC4?3. I read in the review on AVSIM (the reason i bought the program) that RC4 will separate landing aircraft unlike the default FS ATC. But i noticed when i was flying (on the PMDG TCAS) that it seemed aircraft was bunched up approaching KORD. I also saw on this forum someone mentioning that they still use AISmooth with RC4. Should i still be using AISmooth with RC4 to prevent conflicts on final approach with AI aircraft?Just a few things i wanted to figure out. Any responses will be appreciated. I have so far enjoyed using RC4. Just a few issues i'll like to iron out.Anthony

1) if you listen for your callsign, you will know when you are being spoken to, as opposed to the other ai. if you want to ask for a repeat, you have to uncheck pilot-auto-reply. then you will have to acknowledge everything said to you. but, you can also ask for what was said to be repeated. the controller wavs were purposfully modified to sound more like what you would hear on the radio, instead of a pristine clear voice2) turn the comms over to the rc co-pilot, use the fmc to fly the flight plan. check the box that says pause at distance, and choose 200 miles. the rc co-pilot will make all the comm changes for you. your fmc will fly the plane. 200 miles from the destination, the sim will pause, and await your return to fly the end of the flight.3) i've never used ai smooth, and have ai at 100%. i don't see the "bunching" as you call it. others do use aismooth. try it. see if it is for youjd

RC 4 will protect the area around you on final from AI so they will not creep up behind you. It also has some effect on the AI in front of you and also protects you in most cases from ground AI performing runway incursions when you are on close final.AI Smooth controls AI in a larger area around destination. Adjustments allow it to include you or not in its seperation processes but where RC 4 centers its operation on AI immediately in your area to protect you, AI Smooth seperates AI traffic from each other. You determine the seperation of AI on final, at what angle to final AI Smooth starts controlling, how far out, etc. It accomplishes this by putting AI on holding patterns until there is room in the landing queue or if holding over ten minutes might be destroyed by the FS AI engine disappearing act. You may be weaving through AI in holding patterns but not that close.By forcing AI to seperate a bit on arrival it gives you room to sneak in and also allows AI to depart quicker in a string-of pearls approach situation reducing your time in the take-off queue when departing.

Guest tmanaon

Thanks jd. Will give your suggestions a try.Anthony