Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Dad

End of Climb / Beginning of Descent Indicators

Guest Captain Dad

Wish List:Anyway you guys could throw in the End of Climb / Beginning of Descent to the Adv. Display?Also program the Adv. Display to always include the next Two (2) waypoints?Captain Dad

2 waypoints are displayed when you are within 15 miles of the closest of the two.there is a limited number of characters that can be displayed at any one time. therefor i limit what i display.not sure what you're looking for with end of climb and beginning of descent. don't you know when the climb is over? center tells you to start your descent, when he decides it's time to come down. doesn't really matter when the beginning of descent is determinedjd

Guest Captain Dad

I was looking for a "Nav Point" in terms of nm's to the EOC or BOD: To better save my flights with prior to descending.I generally am using a 4X factor to the Destination Airport as the standard 3X never seems to work with your games computations.Soooo, if I knew that it was (say) 10 nm's to go before you asked me to descend, that's about where I would save one of the points in the flight.Thanks.PS Since MR. Thompson helped me install the 4.01 update, your program is as smooth as silk!Captain Dad

some planners put an EOC or BOD in the .pln file. then rc would simply treat it as a checkpoint, that would show up in the advdisp when you're nearrick is good, isn't he?jd

Guest Captain Dad

My planner, FS Nav 4.7, has those indicators, but RC never sees them.I know about when the request to descend is going to come up.To get around any surprises, I use a factor of 4 X my altitude from the Dest. Airport and start down then ( minus the elevation of the arrival runway)I'd just like to see it included in the Adv. Display. How come RC doesn't see it as a waypoint?Capt. Dad

some planners have an option to include the EOC and BOD in the plan, not just display them in their planner window. open the .pln with notepad, do you see them in there? if not, i'm not going to see themjd