Sign in to follow this  
Guest 102301636

Nvidia ADVDisplay Problem

Guest 102301636

Hi all,Just wondering whether a fix was ever found for the Nvidia ADVDisplay problem.I finally got around to using RC for the first time last night (after buying it like 2 months ago) but I found that the advDisplay doesn't work properly with some types of Nvidia cards (I have a 256Mb 6800)When in full screen mode, anything which should render below the advDisplay doesn't, it just renders a black screen. Although this is solved when in windowed mode, it then cuts any pop-up windows (like for example the radio stack in the PMDG 737).Here is a diagram of the issue. Any help greatly appreciated as I still have not been able to use RC and I bought it ages ago...Alanhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142255.jpg

i use ATI cards only, so i don't follow the nvidia patches. the last thing i heard, was to change the antialiasing from 8 to 4 (i think)jd

Guest 102301636

Thanks,Unfortunately that had no affect...I think I'll just set up a hotkey to toggle ADVdisplay on/offThanks again,Alan

Guest Captain Dad

Alan,Thats a shame. My older PC had an nVidia card with no problems in using the Adv. Display.The Adv. Display is still fussy sometimes with my ATI card.Try the Hot Key and make sure it doesn't touch the sides of the screen.

OK with 6800GT old 71.84 drivers on XP SP1. AA and AF at 4X. CPU 3.2GHz.Does it make any difference if you drag and dock it so the title window does not show?BTW, I also am using PMDG 737NG panel from the 800/900 series which upgraded the 600/700 panel.To force a panel rewrite try toggling the overhead panel up and then back to the main. The AD window should be docked to the main panel so it will not appear in the OH.Also, be sure in the AD window the multiline option is set.

Try setting your Anti-Aliasing to both 4 and 8. (Not at the same time obviously.) I found that made a difference for me, I just can't remember which setting worked off hand.Tony

Guest 102301636

Thanks guys for all your advice....[ronzie] - I looked up the drivers you spoke of...the 71.84 set...I noticed they are for the 6800 card...I have the GeForce Go6800 which is the variant of the 6800 card for laptops...do you know if this set of drivers will also work with the Go card? I couldn't find any info on this matter on the Nvidia site and I couldn't find a link to email themthanksp.s. changing the setting of AA or AF has no effect for me, I had it set at 16X and downgrading to either 8 or 4 had no affect on the ADVDisplay

I think the black screen problem is associated with running your nVidia card at AA 8xS. If that is true, try a lower AA setting.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

It should work as NVidia drivers are supposed to be "universal".Another site for the drivers and info is www,guru3d.com. You may have to use their (freeware) driver cleaner to downgrade.

None of the drivers at guru3d.com solved my black screen problem with AdvDisp and the FS9 kneepad (F10) as long as I tried using AA 8xS. At other AA settings, everything was ok. The 8xS effect is nVidia's "black hole".

If you have an nVidia 6800 card, try using driver 71.89 WHQL, available in the nVidia archives.