Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

Adjust voice volume?

the only thing you can do is lower the overall volume, and increase the plane noise, or some combination like that.you can't lower part of the rc volume and not other rc volumesjd

you know JD, this question gets asked a lot. I understand that you provide recorded sets at a fixed volume. I too find that I have to reset my systems volume whenever I utilize RC.I was wondering if any of your beta folks (or your sound guy, which may be you?) can suggest a freeware program that can reduce the volume of you .wav utilizing a batch process.That way one would not have to reset not only the system volume in Windows, but also would not have to reset all the other volumes in FS (ie. engines, ect..) just to do a flight using RCAny thoughts?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I would suspect it does it nicely for a $500 piece of software...I guess I was looking for a simpler one shot deal - a small freeware type of thing for batcthing vol only.I have found quite a bit of stuff that 'normalizes' sounds but I dont know what that means.

i have also used wavepad, which also does batchs. it may introduce clicks, though, which is why we stopped using itjd

Hi Mike,I processed the majority of the sounds. When I first started the complexity of SoundForge was daunting so I tried a simpler program called WavePad. However, this cheap 'n cheerful program was not up to the task. We modify the original wavs to make them 'radioized' but WavePad kept introducing clicks on peaks and it took me ages to hand edit the hundreds of affected wav sets to remove them.So I persevered with SoundForge and its obvious quality soon became apparent. The problem with the volume is that some want them louder and others want them quieter. Fair enough. The simplest solution as JD has suggested is to reduce the several volume sliders in FS9 to compensate. That works well enough for me. An alternative would be to utilise a spare PC and run RC4 via WideFS.Unfortunately I don't know of a reasonably priced program that would increase the volume via batch processing without introducing these spikes which would ruin the effect. It seems to be a case of the more you pay the better the product.Here's SoundForge's defintion of normalising... Use this command to maximize the volume of a selection without clipping. The Normalize function scans the audio and applies a gain to raise its level to a specified (often very high) value.The problem with this is that you still need a good quality recording as any background noise is also amplified. SoundForge copes well - WavePad less so.I understand the next generation of Windows (Vista) will include individual volume levels for each active program. That should do the job nicely but Vista is nearly a year away :-(Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

ok then, that about settles that then....thank you for your response