Sign in to follow this  

Lago's Swiss Mesh

I've read a post elsewhere that it's a real clunker - drags performance to a minumum.I'm thinking of going for it as it's only

I find that the scenery is great if you are flying slowly, like in a GA plane, as once you start flying something really fast then it takes a while for the scenery to load up as you fly along, it looks fantastic though, I flew in a mirage last night and it took a while to update but then that happens alot with that plane on other scenery toom you know it makes the textures go blurry after a while but in a microlight it should look fine.I think on the lago site it says that you should have atleast 256 megs of Ram and a PC of at least 1ghz for it to display reasonably well.. but I think you wont have much of a problem in a microlight.Craig Kiltie

MarkI've d/loaded the "francophone" mesh.The file size is about 880K compared with 70 meg from Lago. Something doesn't look quite right to me :-hmmmAll the mesh files I've ever seen have been big, to say the least. Can the francophone one really be any good?David

Guest Pabra

Try it, you'll like it. It's small & free! Runs well on low ends.

>All the mesh files I've ever seen have been big, to say the >least. Can the francophone one really be any good? Download the demo, it has comparison images between TerraMesh and many freeware and commercial files. Also the one in question. You'll soon see the difference.With Mesh Scenery size matters.... The bigger the file the more datapoints, the more detailed the mesh.

>I've read a post elsewhere that it's a real clunker - drags >performance to a minumum. It depends a lot on your system. It is indeed a very high resolution file and as such demand some performance and above all memory, 256 Mb really helps. But what is far more important is the correct use of your FS settings. I written a columnm on that which you can find on the main page of LAGOONLINE.COM. During our test we lost on average 11% of framerate on a system with 256 Mb of memory. On a 128 Mb system we lost 15% of memory.The mesh is optimized so FS can preload it rather easy if you allow it to and again, that's all in the settings.But we do not advise this scenery for people with a P3 600Mhz with 64Mb of memory, that's for sure:-)Mathijs KokLAGO

Hello,Lago's Swiss Mesh is absolutely stunning and the price of 5 Euro, too. Regarding the performance I agree to other posts here, but even with my system (800MHz Athlon, 192 MB) performance is ok for me.Yours