Sign in to follow this  
Guest ripthejacker

CURE FOR STUTTERING

Guest skyhog

Im having stutters since the 4.01 upgrade. Whats annoying is tryingto adjust guages like heading and altimeter. The aqmazing thing isthat I can fly the F1 ATR with FS2Crew and that program works fine,no speech problems at all. You would think there would be a problemthere also.P4 2.21.5 gigs memFX5200 Extreme overclocked 256MBSound Blaster LiveI use ASV6, FS2Crew, Electronic kneeboard, RC4.01I have Eacceleration firewall running.

Guest ripthejacker

Yes I uninstalled totally. Then reinstalled version 4 and added all voices. Sorry for the delay in answering.

Guest glennt

Hi JD and GangI have a stutter on each wave play. My PC is high end athlon running FDC, Track IR, ASV6. Just running RC4 does not resolve the problem and not running RC4 is not to fly :-) Funny, the voices in 4.0 never bothered me and while I have had a very significant increase in the delivery the stutters are a show stopper. I have no issue rolling back to 4.0 if this is a recommended interim solution.Some specs :Athlon 64 3500+2GB RamRadeon X800Soundblaster Live ( DirectX slider in various positions with no improvement ) Defrag yesterdayAnti virus DisabledJust wanted to conclude by saying RC4 remains my one desert island addon and I cannot let my first post go by without hailing the developers.BestGlenn

Guest Dutch64

Hi there,Add me to the list too, stutters when a wav is about to be played. Also on athlon.Athlon 64 3500+1GB RamNVidia 6600GTSoundblaster Live (Hardware acceleration enabled and disabled, no difference)Anti virus DisabledInstalled on dedicated hard drive.Had no problems with RC4.0. Going back to that version now till issues have been solved:)Martin

I also have severe stutters just before a wav is played.1. Disabling Norton AV makes no difference.2. The problem is just as bad with the default aircraft as with complex add-ons.3. Geographical location doesn't appear to make any difference, so I don't think the problem can be scenery-related.4. It makes no difference whether I use Audigy sound card or on-board sound - the problem is equally severe with both.Other specs: AMD 3500+, 1Gb RAM, ATI 9800 Pro, CH yoke and pedals, SATA HD (defragged weekly).I hope a cure can be found, since RC4 is otherwise excellent, and is a major factor in my enjoyment of FS9.Dugald

All, I've gone back to the original and am stutter free again until there is a resolution to this minor annoyance. Craig

Hey Guys,In the two or three weeks since I updated to 4.01 I also had the stutter problem. I've since moved RC4.1 over to my WideFS machine and have gotten rid of my stutter problem. (Thanks JD for talking me into moving it over)But interesting note here for you AMD, ASUS guys. I have always used a headset/mic setup (For when I fly on Vatsim). My headset was plugged in via USB which over rides the onboard audio from I guess the chipset. Well, I had to give up the headset and go with a regular headset that plugged into the onboard audio on the board to get RC4 to come through from the client machine. So I did a test with RC4.1 running on my FS machine and guess what no stutters plugged into the onboard audio.If that helps any of you I don't know, but I thought I would throw it in. I'm currently flying with RC4.1 via the Widefs machine which works very well, even on a old 600mhz machine.

I don't seem to have any stutters, though I keep my frames locked between 14 and 20. Using ShiftZ and the frame rate counter, I usually keep an eye on the v: percentage and try to maintain below 5% by lowering frame lock. The largest increase in percentage is usually due to AV6 or WMP re-processing downloaded weather which pumps it up to over 30%. RC4 runs up to about 4-9% without any adverse affects on frames.I have AV6 or weather maker pro running, ultimate terrain, fs genesis 36m terrain and landclass. Using add-on aircraft now (Realair scout) or mooney bravo. FS autostart used to end uneeded programs, though I can fly without it without too much of an effect anti-virus et al. (free AVG).AMD3000 e-machines from Wal-martSB LiveGeforce 6600GT 768 MB Ram 1024 res at 72hz. 32bit color depth.One last note I recently slapped in an old SB live card from my old machine. I was using onboard sound, but with the new card I really haven't noticed any difference, though sim overall runs a bit smoother with the sound card, I didn't have stutters prior to the card.Tough problem anyway for all but I hope this helps in some way.Ian.

HelloInstalled RC a few days ago and i'm having heavy stuttering. Is the cure for this already found?Best RegardsAbrupto

HelloInstalled RC a few days ago and i'm having heavy stuttering. Is the cure for this already found?Best RegardsAbrupto
did you turn off display text in the rc options? rc by itself doesn't cause stutteringjd

did you turn off display text in the rc options? rc by itself doesn't cause stutteringjd
As a matter of fact i have the display text ON. Is the solution to turn it OFF? At home I?m going to try it. Thank youRegardshenrique

If you don't want to shut off your antivirus services you can try excluding FS and RC folders from it, plus any other add-ons you wish running in their own folders.My AVG can scan downloads and e-mail attachments and I'm not too concerned about the FS related folders being attacked - and I don't use Outlook.With my older system, however, I do shut down services not needed along with the Internet connection once I have downloaded the AS weather archive for my flight. (I don't use real-time weather but fetch the GMT time archive for the global area my flight departs from to maintain the time-of-day weather environment due to solar effects.)