Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Why do I keep getting yelled at by ATC?

I just took a short flight to practice some landings with real weather which is very gusty here in the NE. I was instructed to fly heading 055, which I did, but kept getting yelled at to "fly heading 055".Why do I keep getting yelled at, even though I'm perfectly holding on indicated course 055? Is wind drift the issue? Does the controller really mean that I need to track 055 and hold a more northerly course to compensate for the NW winds?

launch rcv4.execlick debugload the .plnclick start rcduplicate the problemlandquit rczip up the log and send it to jd@jdtllc.com with a description of the problem you are havingjd

I think it is in FS realism settings or elsewhere you have the option of your instruments reading true course or magnetic heading. It should be set to magnetic.This might have an impact in some areas where magnetic deviation is very high.

OR come fly in Sweden, where deviation is between 2E and 4E ;) Or was it variation ;)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

>launch rcv4.exe>click debug>load the .pln>click start rc>>duplicate the problem>>land>>quit rc>>zip up the log and send it to jd@jdtllc.com with a description>of the problem you are having>>jdI'm out of town for the next couple of days but will send you the debug over the weekend.