Sign in to follow this  
Guest alhahn

4.01 update

Guest alhahn

Where do I go to download the new update? I am getting e-mail notifications for the new voice sets but I never saw any notice for the new revision. The Home page for Radar Contact just says tho watch e-mail from Google Group. Any advice? Al Hahn

Guest alhahn

I downloaded the update, but I'm still having problems with not finding the exe. file. I showed both versions of RC in my program files so I deleted the RC4 which probably was not good. Any suggestions for getting back up and running? I would be happy just getting my RC4 back. I do have my original reg. key email. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Al Hahn

Guest RickT

Did you run the rcv401update.exe and tell it to extract all files to c:program filesrcv4? Please run Windows Explorer and navigate to your Radar Contact folder c:program files]rcv4. Scroll down and file the rcv4.exe file. Highlight it and click the right mouse button. Choose properties from the drop down list. Click the version tab and tell me the full version humber.If you wish you drag that file to your desktop and it will create a shortcut.

Guest alhahn

Rick: I followed your instructions and the version is 4.0.0.3737. When I click on this application file it gives me the error message rcv4 C:Program Filesrcv4rcv3.dat was not found RC can not continue. Everything had been working just fine before I tried to update. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Does the fact that I uninstalled version 4 after I installed the updated version 4.01 have anything to do with this? My installed programs showed two versions installed and that is why I uninstalled the original. Hope I didn't screw up too bad. Your promp reply would be appreciated. Thanks. AH

Guest RickT

It depends on what you mean by uninstalled the previous version. If all you did was delete the shortcut on the Start menu under Radar Contact you did not actually uninstall anything. All you did was delete the shortcut pointing to the 4.0 exe file.Send me an email rick@jdtllc.com and I will send you a replacement rcv3.dat file. I don't know why that was deleted.Also please run Windows Explorer and navigate to your Radar Contact folder. Look and see if you have a sub folder under rcv4 called rcv4.You should not have that. In the email you write to me tell me what the contents of that subfolder are. You might have installed the update to a sub-folder of RCv4 by mistake.