Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmanaon

RC4.01 and Frame Rates

Guest tmanaon

Hi guys, my PC is taking it in the chin framerates wise and i wonder whether anyone out there has any ideas of what i can do about it.Yes Yes i run RC4.01 with Activesky 6.0 with my FS2004. My system is pretty solid with 3.0 mhz and 1 GB of RAM 80 GB Hard Drive. Yet my FS experience has gone from a constant 30 fps with all sliders maxed out to flunctuating between 5 fps to 15 fps when i am running Activesky and RC4.01.Anyone have any idea what i can do to bring up my framerates (other than buying a new pc).Anthony

what antivirus program are you running?have you defragged your disks?what priority is fs9 running at? what priority is rc running at?jd

Guest tmanaon

JD, can you please speak english :-). PC for dummies is what i need? What do you mean priority..where can i get that info.Anthony

>JD, can you please speak english :-). PC for dummies is what>i need? What do you mean priority..where can i get that>info.>>Anthony Hi Anthony,I think JD is referring to the priority you can set in Task Manager on the 'Process Tab'. The priority given to FS9 should not be higher than RC4 (highlight then right click the process that you want to check the priority of).Regards

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest tmanaon

Ian,Please excuse my ingnorance but where is the "Process Tab"? In the control panel? where?Anthony

>Ian,>>Please excuse my ingnorance but where is the "Process Tab"? In>the control panel? where?>>AnthonyAnthony,If you press CTRL+ALT+DEL (or right click with the mouse on the task bar at the bottom of the screen will give you the option to select task Manager) It will bring up 'Task Manager' Then select the 'Tab' called 'Processes'. You should find FS9 and RC4 in the list (providing they are running).Cheers

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit