Sign in to follow this  
Guest macman4

What AI traffic program to get?

Guest macman4

To go with RC4. Right now I'm running RC4, FSPassengers,and ASv6.Need tips on a AI traffic program. Payware or freeware. Thanks for any help, Bob

I've been using AISeparation by Armando Di Francesco available here at Avsim. Works very well. Only get "Go arounds" rarely and I'm running 85-100% AI with RCv3.1. (Just received RC4.0)Steve

I tried ProjectAI (freeware) and Ultimate Traffic (payware). Fundamentally, they do the same thing (don't flame me for that generalization) and they even use the some of the aircraft models (or so I've been told). Both give you traffic with real world airlines, which is great. Ultimately, which one you chose is a dollars versus convenience decision.ProjectAI was cool. The documentation seemed sparse if non-existent and I had to go out and manually download each airline I wanted represented in my virtual world. It provides an automated installer but it seemed like it was a little "black magic". I wasn't sure what it was doing and didn't feel like I could undo it if I wanted to. Ultimate Traffic provided a nice UI to enable or disable any or all of the airlines in any place in the world. It includes an Updater which goes online and downloads new liveries and airplane models. The Updater is a cool idea but it has its issues (it requires a lot of manual intervention during the first update and the documentation doesn't provide much information to help you make a good decision about which options to select when intervention is required). Still, Ultimate Traffic makes managing traffic pretty easy.Bob

Bob,I use Traffic 2005 and have no problems. Some people have commented that Traffic 2005 does not give you traffic with real world time tables, which is true however this isn't an issue for me as I just like to see traffic when I fly.The reason I chose Traffic 2005 is because as far as I am aware it is the only AI program with a 'wizard' that lets you set up schedules quick and easily. So if you fly to a quiet airport with low activity you can set up a few scheduled flights in and out of the airport using the wizard in a matter of minutes. it can also be purchased as a download.Regards

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest 102301636

I use Project AI, good stuff, real flight plans (although some are outdated at this stage)Love the installer, if you know how to use TTools it's easy to undo/edit anything you want...I know they have not produced any packages for a good fwew months but they started releasing some new stuff this month, there models can be pretty basic but some are really good, but if you want to add lots of traffic really fast and easily..and for free I think there your best answer...I've also heard AI Aardvark are good but it's alot of manual work

Guest UPS702

It's a little on the pricy side, but I've been using FSLiveTraffic by AirNavSystems. I picked it up on their 50% off weekend, so that made it more reasonable. I love it since you don't have to worry about whether your schedules are out of date or anything like that since they are taken from realworld FPs at the time that you start it. This also means you have accurate GA traffic around you also. The AI models are a little simple and ugly, but it hasn't been too bad converting them to the PAI or Aardvark models to make things a little prettier. Not sure if I'll re-up at the end of the 6mos, but for now, it's well worth it to me.AlanUPS702Ontario Asst. Hub Mgr.Member Board of Directors www.upsvac.com

If you want a simple hassle-free solution then go with a commercial package such as Ultimate Traffic or My Traffic. Run setup.exe and relax. It will cost you of course but not too much.If you have spare time and like total control then try the freeware downloads but be prepared to invest time in order to get the right airlines at the right airports. You wouldn't want a British Airways 737 in LAX for example would you?Several of us on the team used Ultimate Traffic so I can personally vouch for that program.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather