Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

atc issue and genreal question

quite often i will get a call from atc saying that i am off the airway, it seems i get this even if my flpn is not exactly planned on an airway and even at times if vectored. what are the tolerances? Does rc4 assume that all ifr flighplans will be always flown on the airway, why am i getting in trouble via atc if im not exactly on the airway even if not planned that way. I tried it via direct ( gps) and i still got an earfulLastly what does the term mean " fly a heading until suitable" , does this mean until I decide im back on course or am i waiting for further instruction from atc before changing course. I would have thought they would have said. "fly x until a fix or further, expect...."thoughts

the heading watchdog gives you "off the airway" call when you're not flying within you heading deviation of the course i have plotted to your next checkpoint. whatever the advdisp displays on the first line, is what i'm expecting you to fly. second question, we're working on rephrasing that. it basically means fly the heading you were assigned, when you can pick up the vor or ndb, or have a solution to the next intersection, fly direct there.jd

ok so , does this mean , fly the advdisp no matter what, for instance i fly yyz kclev and was put in a hold, the direction could not match the advdisp as i was being vectored but atc kept yelling at me, so do i follow instructions or the advdisp, also i then asked for a ils 24r approach and got vectored way over the lake, much too far for the ils to be picked up, but when i turned inbound i was in trouble again. I suppose i should have just flown as in real life and no waited for instructions ( but it would mean ignoring istructions)i understand suitable to mean,fly the last assigned heading until i can get back on my flight plan,by the way does advdisp always pick up my course based upon my flpn route or on published suggested routing.thxs>the heading watchdog gives you "off the airway" call when>you're not flying within you heading deviation of the course i>have plotted to your next checkpoint. whatever the advdisp>displays on the first line, is what i'm expecting you to fly.>>>second question, we're working on rephrasing that. it>basically means fly the heading you were assigned, when you>can pick up the vor or ndb, or have a solution to the next>intersection, fly direct there.>>jd

if you are given vectors, they take precedence over any piece of hardware (fmc, fsnavigator, etc) say. the display shows the heading to the next checkpoint. when you exit hold, you have the heading to fly in the displayjd