Sign in to follow this  
Guest topcox

WAV-Utility

Guest topcox

How does it work?Is there a tutorial for creating my personal voice-set?or may be a manual?Thanks for anwers!

Guest RickT

The RC Wav Utility program is a simple sound recorder program designed to record the voice files used in Radar Contact.To start the program run Windows Explorer and navigate to your Radar Contact folder (Program FilesRCv4). Locate the script folder. RCWavUtil.exe is the file you want. Please click on itNotice there are 2 categories. Pilots and ControllersThe column on the left is the txt file we want you to record. The column of the right contains the word or phrase you are to speak in the microphone.Notice the 4 buttons in the bottom left corner. Going from left to right the first button is Play next we have Pause third is Stop and finally Record.In the right hand corner we have 2 more buttons which are self explanatory.To record a file you would click on Record after voicing the phrase you should click on Play. If you like the way it sounds click the Save button.The pointer will advance to the next file.If you plan is to record a set to share with the Radar Contact community we have set up what we call an audition program. This is a series of 28 files that you will record and send to us for evaluation.The RC Team will evaluate your files and either clear you to record a full set or tell you what you need to work on. We do not need any more pilots. But we do have need for more controllers. If you would like to audition for us please let me know rick@jdtllc.com.

Hello,I tried to launch RCWavUtil, but then I get the following message: "Failed to load control MCI32.OCX. Your version of MCI32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."Can someone direct me how to solve this issue?Thanks,Juul Tango,Hasselt, Belgium.

Guest mikealpha

Hi Rick,>> We do not need any more pilotsWhy that ? A pilot set with a German, Italian or other European accent would be very nice.Mike

all the pilot slots are used, at the moment. i'd like to fill out the controller slots, before i open up the pilots againjd

Guest RickT

Send an email to help@jdtllc.com and I will send you that file.

Guest texasaussie

Rick,Thanks alot for the help and support that you gave me through email on this same problem. If this is indicative of the support for this program---then accept my BRAVO ZULU for your program.Manual printed---time to get stuck into learning it!!!Thanks, Ray

jd, If we make our own pilot sets how do we replace an existing pilot?(I'll have a controller set done in the next week or so). I think you might need additional chatter pilots.--->> Never mind. I put myself as #59. I'd be willing to send you my set if you'd like. Otherwise, I'll get the controller set to you asap.Steve Lewis

we have to run your set through a couple of processes, to make it sound like the others. for instance the controller set has to be "radio-ized"have you done the test script, and rick and ray are happy with the levels and diction?jd