Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottPilot

Is there a quick way to make a set of silent pilot wavs...

Guest ScottPilot

After discussing this in another post in this form (#17222, "ATC jumping the gun") I was wondering if there is a quick and easy way to make a complete set of pilot wavs that have no volume (completely silent)?This way radar contact will just play a silent wav file that you can't hear when the pilot responds, allowing you to still acknowledge' atc transmissions without RC4.01 jumping the gun.I was able to do this prior to the most recent update just using and empty folder with no wav files in it. But it doesn't work anymore after the update.RC4 responds imediately after the ATC instruction and doesn't allow use the the keyboard to respond. I want to try to get the response pause back and acknowledge in my own voice and be able to use the keyboard the 'ack' the reponse after the verbal one (by me) is complete.Thanks!Scott

Guest ScottPilot

Sounds Great!Thanks JD.Scott :-smooch

Guest Bud

Believe me, this is not a better answer. The Silent Pilot process will vastly increase your immersion and enjoyment of RC.Bud

Guest ScottPilot

Hi John.OK, all is working great with the silent pilot files that you sent!I just flew a flight in IMC conditions from Spokane, WA to Seattle and everything worked perfectly.I was able to hear all ATC instructions and then respond using my own voice and then using the keyboard to 'ack' each transmission. I was also able to use the keyboard to ask ATC to repeat their instructions.So, if you think they are OK, I'd upload the silent pilot files to AVSIM.The silent pilot option really enhances RC4 and forces the sim-pilot to think about how to respond to an ATC instruction.Thanks for all your help!!!!! RC4 is a great ad-on!!!!Scott :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy ATP/CFII/DA20 Type Rated - Instructor Pilot - USAFA (KAFF), Colorado Springs, CO & at KCOSAOPA #00956593, since 1987Background in Corporate, Airline, and General AviationB.S. Degree in Computer Information Systems