Sign in to follow this  
Guest swest

Makerwys and AdvDisp files

Guest swest

I'm a bit confused. I have just installed and started to use RC4. I tried to run the "Rebuild Scenery DB", get asked the question about WideFS, answer NO, and then it tells me it can't find the Makerwys file. And it's right because I can't either. My question is, should I be running this rebuild? If so, where can I get the file.Also, I can't find the file AdvDisp. That should be in my FS9 directory, correct? I know I can get it from Peter's website, but was curious as to why it appears these files are missing.This is a great program and trying to get back up to speed after not flying for the past two years. Thanks for all of your efforts with this.Steve

Hi Steve,Makerwys.exe should be in your main FS folder and advdisplay should be in the FSmodules folder.If they aren't it would suggest RC had a problem findng the registry entry for FS during the install process. (I assume RC is installed on the same machine as FS).Let us know if you can find the files then we can take things from there.All the best,John

Guest swest

I rechecked and didn't find either of the files in their respective directories. I downloaded the latest version of AdvDisp and installed it and it works fine. The Makerwys.exe is still a mystery. Where can I pick that file up without having to take the chance that a complete reinstall will put the file there. Thanks.Steve

Guest 102301636

Did you check to make sure that file isn't simply hidden?Alan

Guest swest

Alan,Yes, I don't "hide" any of my files therefore I can see them all. Oh, where oh where has my Makerwys file gone. Oh, where oh where can it beeeeeeeeee? :( Steve

Hi Steve,Check in the root of the C: drive. It sounds as if the registry entry for FS is messed up somehow and RC can't find the path. If so makerwys.exe probably ends up in C:If this is the case you might have to move it to your main FS folder, run it, and then run the 'rebuild scenery db' routine as if it was a widefs installation of RC.A bit messy but it should work ;-)All the best,John

Guest swest

I checked there and ran a search through all my files, including the hidden files,.....nada! RC4 is working fine, just can't rebuild the database for now. Steve

send an email to rick@jdtllc.com and he'll send you the makerwys.exe which needs to be installed in the root of the fs9 directoryjd

Guest realm174

Good morning,same problem as Steve about the makerwys, except that I did locate makerwys in the root of C. So I did as suggested, and copied it over to the main folder of my FS, tried the rebuild as well, and I get a box that says:"makerwys is not in your FS path which should be"followed by an OK button. Any ideas how to fix that?thanks!Realm174

Guest RickT

It sounds like your registry contains a different path to the actual location of Flight Simulator than where it is actually located on your hard drive.Uninstalling and reinstalling Flight Simulator will fix this.

Guest realm174

Awesome! thanks for putting me in the right direction. Rather than reinstalling FS2004 however, I found a neat utility on the net that fixed the registry for me... In case anyone else ever have that problem, just go to http://tweakfs.com/ and download the FS9 reg path program under the freeware area.Thanks again!! It's all fixed now! :) Realm174