Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

TL disagree

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

hi,when RCv4 starts it shows departure & arrival apt TL.now my qquestion is: why TL values do not match i.e. i could have 11000 in Controller Info page and get TL 120 in RCv4 initial screen.do RCv4 extract also TL for various apt from FS9 data?thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

at the time the controller's page is displayed, i don't know what the transition level is going to beif you file for 11000, and the transition level at fs time is FL90, yes, the controller's page should have said FL110but since the transition level is determined by pressure, and transition altitude of each airport, i really can't figure that out prior to starting rc, and fsjd

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

:-hmmm:-hmmm:-hmmm:-hmmm:-hmmm:-hmmm:-hmmm:-hmmm:-hmmmdo i understand?transition altitude is the one in controller page and is a different fixed number for each airport (does RCv4 read FS9 ta's)transition level is transtion altitude corrected suiting pressure?thanks JDLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

what is TA?what is TL? "ALTIMETER CHECK!"are they synonymous? suppose they are not because in controller info page i see both TRANS ALT and TRANS LEVEL (BY ATC and cannot be changed)how should i use:1) Trans Alt boxes in controller info page: is there a TA DB? does RCv4 reads such values from FS9?2) Trans Level in my PSS A321 FMCforgive my ignoranceLuigi ;-)

Hi Luigi,<>Transition Altitude. See the manual P107 or 108 for details.<>Transition Level. Again, please refer to the manual.Altimeter Check means that when you are climbing you should set your altimeter to standard pressure - 29.92" or 1013Mb when you hear that call. When descending you set the altimeter to local pressure also known in Europe as QNH when you hear it. Again, the manual has all this info.<>The Transition Altitude boxes are determined by RC4 based on the Cruise Flight Level or Altitude you enter. You cannot change those. The file m4.csv in the Data folder holds the TA information. You should not change that as 'Check for Updates' will overwrite anything you amend. FS9 is not referenced for any of this data.<>There should be a page where you can enter it. Firstly for the departure TA and once you start descending eneter it for the arrival airport if it's different. Note that it's called Transition Altitude when you're climbing and Transition Level when descending.But the most important thing is that you set your altimeter for the correct pressure when you hear "Altimeter Check". If you fail to do that you will get busted for not being at the correct altitude.If you have any further questions after reading the manual we'll be pleased to help.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

thank you Ray,i have read manual:pag. 108Radar Contact is supplied with a database of real-world Transition Altitudes for many of the world

you will have to look at a airport chart to find the TA, and see if it is in agreement with RC. you can over-ride the TA by entering in a different number.

Hi Luigi,<>If we don't know the TA for a particular airport the TA will default to 18000. That is clearly wrong for a European airport so if you find airports you know are incorrect then advise us so we can update the master file. That will then become available to use via the 'Check for Updates' button in RC.<>Yes. The page to do that will be there providing it is a fully functioning FMC. I'm not familiar with the A320 FMC unfortunately.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

thank you both for helpingLuigi ;-)