Sign in to follow this  
Guest jman214

Altimeter Setting

Guest jman214

I am currently using RCv4 with the 4.01 update. I have noticed with this version and, if memory serves me correctly with other versions as well, that this situation has come up. When I am in control of the aircraft I can use the 'B' key to set my altimeter accordingly. I usually turn control over to the co-pilot after aircraft is cleaned up and autopilot settings are entered. While airborne I can still set altimeter to the correct setting as needed using the 'B' key below FL180. When switched over to co-pilot, if I hit the 'B' key below FL180, the setting will show what it is supposed to be, then quickly change to setting of 29.92. While above FL180 all is well. I noticed last night on a flight that upon descent same situation happened below FL180 until I was around 5-6 thousand feet, then using 'B' key worked properly with co-pilot still in charge. Not sure if this is a problem, or if it is normal and nothing to be concerned about. Thanks.jman214

Guest jman214

It happens with any flight I do. It only occurs when co-pilot has control of the plane and I use the 'B' key to set altimeter. It is almost as if the co-pilot is the only one who can set the altimeter when he is in control of the aircraft. I have not tried it yet, but I am guessing that if I did not turn control over to co-pilot until I reach FL180, that I would be able to set it okay. This really does not cause any problems as such. I get no reprimands or anything. Occasionally, with co-pilot on, I will get a "check altimeter setting" and when I try to set it, it will revert back to 29.92 (Under FL180)jman214

if the co-pilot is flying, he is updating the altimeter. if you change it, he's going to change it to the correct settingjd

Guest jman214

Thanks, just wanted to be sure there was not a problem.jman214