Sign in to follow this  

G-max is strange

I thought it may take a while to learn to use but i have been three days just to installthe one comes with flight sim will not work it says you must upgrade so you download new version and it has more messages of fatal error than i have ever imagined posible !!If it is this hard to install how hard is it to use ???????? lolAnniette?????????????????

OK got it installed at last !something to do with HEIDI and open gl Now I shall try to make a plane seya in 10 year !Anniette xxxxxxxxNow I know why Mike disapears for ages :)

Hehe... Anniette, I've been doing some of my scenery macros in FSDS Pro, but now I have plunged head and feet in gmax, and after I've seen it and worked with it, I don't want to go back! Installed the new version 1.10 without a problem. I keep it on Heidi (its default), it seems to be the best on this setting.It is tough, plenty of things to read and try and learn, but yet so powerful that I doubt we'll ever know all its functions :-).I've already made my first structure and placed it in a scenery! Phew... that took some time. Wait till you see the texturing part and meet Mr UVW map and unwrap :-lol. I reached a point where I was thinking it better to learn japanese :-lolBut you'll love it! And don't forget that we have knowledgeable gmax designers in AVSIM scenery forum.

Hi, wsieffert. Just want to thank you very much for the links you provided above. On one of them I found something I was badly looking for :-) Appreciate it.

I can attest to everything that was said here--all the way from GMax is weird to GMax is unbelievably powerful!It has an unbelievably steep learning curve. Count on not just days, but even weeks, to get it figured out. And there are indeed a large number of things that will get in your way as you learn it.Yet once you get it all figured out, there is little that you can't do with it. Even though I got it into it pretty doggoned deeply and developed some VERY complex scnery with it, I still don't feel I was even scratching the surface!Amazing piece of software!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Glad to have been able to help. This is from a Test Engineer that's decided to let you guys/gals wade through the Graphics Fields. I did the original GMax Tutorials and realized I like Test Engineering better.I do read ALL the forums and bookmark stuff as it appears. So if you have a question and I have a bookmark relative to an answer, you can expect a reply.

Stick with it though - it does get easier. Then if you are like me you look at the parts you designed at the start of your modeling and wonder whether you should go back and re-do them now that you are better at GMAX !!!!!