Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stragu

FSBuild 2.2 and RC V4 Does not really work ???

Guest Stragu

Hello everybody,I have encountered some problems where may be some of you can help me. At the moment I have the impression that FSBuild 2.2 and RC V4 does not really work GOOD together. I mean in specific the descent phase before I go on the final ILS. Example:I just flew a short flight from Frankfurt EDDF to Munich EDDM (using a generated Flightplan out of FSbuild). The first odd thing was that the Controller ask me to descent way before the TOD (in the flight plan roughly 30 miles later) and from my feeling it was still way to early... but anyway... this is can still be ok.... but when I approach the final, the controller asked me to descent and maintain 4000 ft until I am established on the localizer. As I reach the 4000 ft way before the localizer would be at 4000 ft the plane is climbing again up to almost 5500 ft (until it has reached the localizer). This was already the second time and I don

i don't think it's fsbuild.rc has a different calculation on TOD. i doubt fsbuild is going to calculate being at 11000 or 12000 (based on wind direction), 40 miles from the arrival airport. that is what rc is trying to achievewhen you reach 4000, don't climb to meet the localizer. fly at 4000 until the localizer comes down to you.jd

Guest Stragu

ok... but how can I avoid to climb up to the localizer.... when I fly the ILS (when ILS will be 80

Christian,<>In short, you don't. You maintain 4000ft ( as instructed) until the localiser comes down to you and at that point you start descending. I suggest you engage ALT Hold until the localiser indicator is just above the centre indicator and then select APP mode.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest mmcevilley

>Christian,>><>>>In short, you don't. You maintain 4000ft ( as instructed)>until the localiser comes down to you and at that point you>start descending. I suggest you engage ALT Hold until the>localiser indicator is just above the centre indicator and>then select APP mode.Guys - The Localizer is the vertical bar that shows relative position in reference to the runway centerline.You are discussing the glideslope, which is the horizontal bar that shows relative position in reference to a predefined linear descent path that intersects the runway roughly 1000' from the threshold.-michael

Michael and Christian,Sorry, slip of the finger. I meant glideslope of course.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One thing I have noticed is if you activate the approach button with out the glideslope being active is the plane will climb, and it will not stop.

Thanks

Mark Newby

It should use whatever is in altitude hold until the GS activates when the indicator passes in a downward direction through the center marking. This may vary with AP model.APP works with an engaged AP so I'd check that.

I use FSBuild all for all of my flights, and there are no issues between it and RC.I have noticed that the glideslope usually will not become active until around 19 or 20 miles out. So, I do not activate APP mode until I am within this distance.

>>I have noticed that the glideslope usually will not become>active until around 19 or 20 miles out. So, I do not activate>APP mode until I am within this distance.>Bryan,THANKS!! This is what I was trying to say, but it didn't come out that way.. That's what happens when I have been up all night working, and try and type something..:)MarkORD1723

Thanks

Mark Newby