Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Readback Correct Precedes Readback in 4.01

Guest jase439

Sorry if I am being redundant and this is already known, but today when I acknowledged CD, I got an immediate "Readback Correct" reply, followed by about a 5 second pause, after which my actual readback followed. This behavior started with 4.01 which I recently installed.J

do you have play pilot wavs checked? i think i remember someone telling me this when play pilot wavs is uncheckedjd

Guest mbill

This also happens to me. It is not a frequent occurance but not rare. Play pilot wavs is checked.

can either of you make this happen consistantly?if solaunch rcv4.execlick debugload the .plnclick start rcduplicate the problemclick stop rczip up the .log and send to jd@jdtllc.com with an explanation of the problemjd

Guest jase439

Play pilot wavs is indeed checked. I got this to repro and will send a log file to you shortly.EDIT: Check your inbox. Thanks, JD.

reply sent back to youwhat i found in this log, which may be what is happening in the other 2 caseswhen you press a key to get your clearance, you hear your clearance.don't press 1 (which will contact ground), but press 7 to readback the clearancewhen clearance has told you readback correct, then press 1 to contact groundjd

Guest mbill

Ah ha. I most often press "1" because I thought it was meant to save a step. I'll stop doing that. Simple enough.

Guest jase439

This is good to know, although, this seems like a legitmate bug. Perhaps '1' should not even be presented as an option until the readback sequence is complete. This is the what I would expect to happen:Pilot requests clearanceCD returns clearancePilot reads back clearance by pressing '7' (the only choice)CD confirms "readback correct, contact ground twenty-one point niner when ready to push..."...and THEN option 1 is made available at that timeI also assumed that by pressing 1, I would save a step as it does with other controllers.