Sign in to follow this  
Ralgh

Is Active Sky 6 causing my Radar Contact to lock up?

My Radar Contact keeps locking up and causing my Flight Simulator to crash to desktop. It is happening quite regularly now. It didn

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest mbill

I've been using RC4.01 with AS6 with no problems. (Of course, that doesn't mean that it isn't the cause of YOUR problem.)

Well I am not using 4.01 yet. I am not totally clear about what I have to do to get the 4.01 update. I think I might have to register for something. Actually you would know more about that seeing as you have 4.01. I just did a flight without Active Sky and it worked fine. That is not really a surprize because I ran fs without it for a long time before I got Active Sky.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Make sure that you used Render To Texture ON if you allowed AS6 to install DXT clouds instead of bitmapped clouds. See the AS docs.I would also insure you have the latest FSUIPC release 3.53 installed and your AS6 installation did not revert it to an earlier version.I use RC 4.01, AS6 SU3 with no problems.

send an email to rick@jdtllc.comhe'll set you up with a google group invite, and a link to the updatejd

Got the 4.01 update and after 3 legs and around 13 hours of flying there have been no lockups. It may be too soon to say for sure but it was happening almost every flight before. Hopefully it is fixed for good.Tom Landry

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Well it took a couple weeks but it happened again. One thing I have noticed is that the first time it started happening is right after I installed Active Sky v6. I updated to RC 4.01 and the problem seemed to go away. Yesterday I installed Ground Environment and two flights later it happened again. There may be some relation between installig the new program and the lockups. It also occured to me that the Radar Contact lockup may just be the result of FS crashing and RC never gets properly shut down. Otto always has the comms when the crash happens. Other are having the same problem with many of the same programs I am running so I will keep up on their threads too. Any thoughts about this will be appreciated.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

if you think you can duplicate the problem, do the followinglaunch rcv4click debugload the .plnclick start rcfly, duplicatezip up and zip the .log file to jd@jdtllc.comjd